Languages

How many do you speak?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How languages do you speak?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • A lot

Being here in the USA all I have to know is English.

I agree to a point. Everyone in the USA should be required to speak English. But that's kind of a closed minded statement isn't it? USA = Frredom of speech and religion. I recommend hiring someone who is Bi-lingual and is willing to teach you. I have heard that the more languages you know the more intelligent of a person you are. :lol

I also agree to a point.. (this is one of my pet peves..) But there a lot lazy Spanish speaking people out there.. Being from CA.. we make it so simple for the them not to try.. There are not any Spanish road signs...???! So why are there a spanish verison??? :lol

If I were to go to say;go to Germany.. I would learn to speak german.. ! Or China ,etc...

Yes, if I was to go to another country, then I would have to take a translation book and hope I am not ordering used tires when I am trying to order soup and a sandwich, and hope I am not asking "is this seat taken?" when trying to check into a Hotel !

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feel lucky that English is my native tongue because that's the hardest. Lucky enough to have learned Spanish while in Spain & Miami...If I get lazy it comes out Spanglish, darn Cubans! I can get by with Portuguese and order plenty of beer in Brazil.

I've got taxi Mandarin. I can scream at them in Chinese, get to the airport and tell them it cost too much. If I order food, it's a disaster. Lost plenty of weight while living in Shanghai; but I drank very well.

:err

If I add those up it's two point something languages....

Tinting Lingo:

Papel Polarizado

Lamina de Control Solar

Insofilme / Insufilme

玻璃膜

Fei Li Pu

My Wife had a language problem.

She was attemting to speak with a Client in New Joisy, She couldn't understand the Joisy Accent, and the other person could not understand the Texas Accent of The Wife !

Yet, they were both speaking English !

If you think you are fLuent in English, just go to England, you only think you know english !

My Wife had a language problem.

She was attemting to speak with a Client in New Joisy, She couldn't understand the Joisy Accent, and the other person could not understand the Texas Accent of The Wife !

Yet, they were both speaking English !

If you think you are fLuent in English, just go to England, you only think you know english !

I grew up in England till I was 10 I speak both versions, and a little of the Canadian version :quote

Archived