truck topper

I tinted a truck topper the other day. the windows already had factory tinted windows and I put a layer of 30% on it also. me thinking factory tint plus 30% should be dark as hell, well I was wrong. the guy said he wanted it to where you couldnt see in it. what percent would you guys have used to acheive this? he was a walk in customer and I dont carry no 5% so that was the best I could do at the moment.

if I was to double layer it would you guys charge twice as much or have them come back in later when I could get in some darker fim? thanks.

oh and spray painting was an option I almost blurted out to him but it dont pay that well.

toppers are usually not that dark to begin with. I have only done a few and mostly that were clear. If they don't want someone seeing in it then 20% would be the lightest I would even think of using. If they don't want to see out then vinyl those windows.

Doubling film would result in a double cost in my shop, if I would do it.

Just did one last week with 20% factory glass, put 5% over that. It was 6 windows, and two of them were small windows that you could open with screens covering the opening. It was the guys hunting rig and he slept in the back. I also put 5% on the back 3 windows of the truck (2007 Sivlerado 4dr)...so thats triple limo. He liked it. I charged twice for the topper than what I charged for his truck. Had it been off the truck, it would have been less.

Guest tintguy31707
thanks guys I will let him know. I guess it would kind of pay off to have a small roll of 5% lying around just in case a job like this rolls into the shop.

you said it...

Let him buy you a roll...

I don't understand why you would risk losing a customer by not having all the film %s in stock....

you dont have at least a 40" of all the standard films? might just be able to call up a homeboy you know in the industry and have him sell you a lil bit. Holla at VALUETINT.com ask for judd, or SUNC ask for Jimmy. there both on here as well using those handles I typed in uppercase.

If you have some %15 that will work as well.

Guest scottydosnntkno
you dont have at least a 40" of all the standard films? might just be able to call up a homeboy you know in the industry and have him sell you a lil bit. Holla at VALUETINT.com ask for judd, or SUNC ask for Jimmy. there both on here as well using those handles I typed in uppercase.

If you have some %15 that will work as well.

theres usually no reason to stock film that is illegal on any vehicle in his state :beer

Archived