Legal For Historic Tags

APTINT

I happen to do some work for the guy who trains all the Maryland State Troopers how to drive/not drive their cars. I asked him about the legality of window film on vehicles with historic tags and he didnt know off the top of his head. So he looks into it and calls me a week later, and says that window tinting is not part of the safety inspection, therefore legally you can go as dark as you want. There was no real clear answer in the handbook, so he called around to some higher ups, and thats what they said so....if you're historic / your safe! :inot

Guest scottydosnntkno
I happen to do some work for the guy who trains all the Maryland State Troopers how to drive/not drive their cars. I asked him about the legality of window film on vehicles with historic tags and he didnt know off the top of his head. So he looks into it and calls me a week later, and says that window tinting is not part of the safety inspection, therefore legally you can go as dark as you want. There was no real clear answer in the handbook, so he called around to some higher ups, and thats what they said so....if you're historic / your safe! :beer

I read up on MIs restrictions with a historic plate a while ago and ours said that any vehicle with historic tags must apply to all current laws and safety standards, except those not provided from the factory. such as seatbelts, cats, etc. However, I have done a ton of old cars and noone has been hassled about the dark film before. I assume that since its not a vehicle driven every day, and is a "cool" car witha classic plate they shouldn't have problems.

Guest scottydosnntkno
Probably varies from State to State, historic meaning what ?

25 yrs or older ?

if you have a historic plate. or classic plate. whatever you want to call it

Archived