Florida foreign cars tint law?

Guest rondy_

Guest scottydosnntkno
I disagree with you guys.... I know for a fact that if you drive through georgia and you have whatever plates on your car georgia police/law enforcement can still give you a ticket. this is not the case in every state, but it is here.

Not anymore, there was a big LAWSUIT a couple of years ago. A cop gave a ticket to a lawyer from another state that was driving through. They actually suspended the tint law all together for a few months until they could re-write the stsatute.

this article from 2008: http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/3...aws.html?cat=17

makes it seem as if they retracted the law for a while, but then switched back to it. I've found a few similar articles online in my few minutes of looking.

do you have any recent, factual articles to back up your point?

Thank you for the responses. I will be thinking about it. Plans changed so it won't be a road trip, but the car will be shipped from Texas to Florida. The car will keep the mexican plates.

I've been to Texas and have not had any problem for 20%, but I think they are used to see more mexican cars there.

There is no tint law in my state, you can have any percentage you want except for the windshield, you have to drive with a clear windshield.

Guest tintguy31707

other than living in the state and watching the news about window tint laws changing... they did take out all window tint laws for a period of time, only to reword it so that they ARE ALLOWED to write tickets to people from out of state. it was the whole point in taking the law out.

If you doubt me then call the georgia state patrols office.

and to further prove the point. I got pulled over for window tint while vacationing in florida. I had %20 all on my Lincoln (did not get the ticket because his tint meter battery was dead).

Guest scottydosnntkno
other than living in the state and watching the news about window tint laws changing... they did take out all window tint laws for a period of time, only to reword it so that they ARE ALLOWED to write tickets to people from out of state. it was the whole point in taking the law out.

and to further prove the point. I got pulled over for window tint while vacationing in florida. I had %20 all on my Lincoln (did not get the ticket because his tint meter battery was dead).

what does getting pulled over in florida have to do with georgias law, which this thread is about? :shoot2

Thank you for the responses. I will be thinking about it. Plans changed so it won't be a road trip, but the car will be shipped from Texas to Florida. The car will keep the mexican plates.

I've been to Texas and have not had any problem for 20%, but I think they are used to see more mexican cars there.

There is no tint law in my state, you can have any percentage you want except for the windshield, you have to drive with a clear windshield.

do all the states in mexico have the same law or do they vary like EEUU?

any info would be appreciated, thanks compa.

do all the states in mexico have the same law or do they vary like EEUU?

any info would be appreciated, thanks compa.

they are not the same in all states.

do 35% and you will not have any problem.

Guest tintguy31707

what does getting pulled over in florida have to do with georgias law, which this thread is about? :bingo

Pay attention!

it was to further prove the point that certain states can pull you over even if you have out of state license plates!

Guest VaTinterPMan

VA is also a state where say if someone from FL comes up visiting they can be pulled over and ticketed! Also gives them more of a right to search car! I-95 major drug transporting route that goes right pass my house! So in there eyes they are doing the right thing! Sucks ass if someone is here for a week visiting they can get a ticket everyday of week!

Archived