2009 Corvette

Guest Mo Evo

Guest hayabusad

what's up kid. my name is derek I tint at a shop in upstate ny, well I have never done a back glass on this car, I usually do the doors then file the edges, my boss does the back. anyway, do u dry shrink with powder, soap, fabric sheets...? when u lay the film on do you just go 1 line across middle or do u do the u shape. when attempting to shrink the back glass I would always have a huge amount at the bottom, and it just wouldn't shrink all of it out, and the top where it starts to wrap down would give some problems, do u try to get as much film to the top then shrink. do u have any pics or videos of your process doing it...any help would be great...Derek

what's up kid. my name is derek I tint at a shop in upstate ny, well I have never done a back glass on this car, I usually do the doors then file the edges, my boss does the back. anyway, do u dry shrink with powder, soap, fabric sheets...? when u lay the film on do you just go 1 line across middle or do u do the u shape. when attempting to shrink the back glass I would always have a huge amount at the bottom, and it just wouldn't shrink all of it out, and the top where it starts to wrap down would give some problems, do u try to get as much film to the top then shrink. do u have any pics or videos of your process doing it...any help would be great...Derek

I remember awhile back I found some good pics showing the anchor positoin and the film left long for handles. I looked for here recently, but couln't find it.

Guest d.jcassidy@yahoo.com

I remember awhile back I found some good pics showing the anchor positoin and the film left long for handles. I looked for here recently, but couln't find it.

Finding your own style takes time. For me I use 3 sprays. I make an "H" Pattern. 2 up and down sprays on the sides of the rear window and 1 spray across in the middle. Works the best for me. I stay away from baby powder, seems to be useless a lot of the time.

Well, I gotta do one for a local rich guy. I ordered Johnson 5% because it shrinks so well. Then they called and changed to 35% for the whole thing. Since I don't stock Johnson, I will have to do it in something else and I am NOT looking forward to shrinking that back glass with anything else than Ray Guard.

So... Pray for me.

Update later after I pull all my hair out. :dunno

Guest topnotchinc

Does anyone have videos of them doing a one piece on a grandsport bg? I've got my first vette coming in tomorrow and not really looking forward to it. Tips and how-to would be greatly appreciated

Archived