01 Range Rover

Guest Rama

I do them like lightspeeds explained. The front door I remove the rubber like on the bug. The rear doors I just tinted with no seal removal. As far as the rear window I removed the trim that held the brake light, it seemed kinda tight and didn't want to take a chance at contamination. I will try to tint it without removing it next time.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Managed to tint it without pulling any rubbers. Was able easily slide the film behind the felt rubber, no creasing, or contamination. Beetles are tighter than these are. Owner loved it, and he's bringing in his other range rover. Must suck to be rich.

Guest metint
One other thing, take a look at the glass and if it is --- glass, be a little careful because on some of the older Rovers, the --- glass is very soft and can easily be scratched with your Olfa Blade.

Good luck. :lol

The glass has improved over those of days gone by?

I still advise razor blade care on all Land Rover products... is this outdated info I am giving? :lol:mad

The newer ones seem OK, but I always test a small corner. You can tell instantly if it's the bad stuff. I've also seen bad lof and ppg replacement glass, not bladable. It's like running fingernails on the chalkboard when you run across one, a distinct feel. :shock

Guest Got_Tint85
The newer ones seem OK, but I always test a small corner. You can tell instantly if it's the bad stuff. I've also seen bad lof and ppg replacement glass, not bladable. It's like running fingernails on the chalkboard when you run across one, a distinct feel. :nope

I'll take u up on that ////

Guest tint325i

I take the door glass out on these, once you've removed the felt seals its just 2 clips and a couple of screws and the glass lifts right out, and it lets you get the 1/4 light on the rear door out and pop it out its rubber, factory look every time

Guest Diamond Tints
I take the door glass out on these, once you've removed the felt seals its just 2 clips and a couple of screws and the glass lifts right out, and it lets you get the 1/4 light on the rear door out and pop it out its rubber, factory look every time

f'n hell Scott your 4 years too late LMFAO :nope

Archived