SR coating vs dog slobber

I just redid some house windows that the SR coating was coming off where the dogs slobbered. Didn't think much of it and just thought it was defective film until today.

I was cleaning my truck and where the dog sits the SR coating is coming off the film. Not sure what is in saliva that would eat the SR coating

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
I just redid some house windows that the SR coating was coming off where the dogs slobbered. Didn't think much of it and just thought it was defective film until today.

I was cleaning my truck and where the dog sits the SR coating is coming off the film. Not sure what is in saliva that would eat the SR coating

It's that high dollar 3M Prestige window film that you brag about. The stuff is allergic to dog snot... takes the SR coat (and the dye that is in it) right off. Quality stuff! :lol2

It's that high dollar 3M Prestige window film that you brag about. The stuff is allergic to dog snot... takes the SR coat (and the dye that is in it) right off. Quality stuff! :lol2

I agree. I hadn't had this happen before but they were both Vista on the home 9 years old but new home owners the last few years and Lumar on my truck is 4 years old. Wish I could blame it on 3M

Well I got 3m on my car, and 2 bulldogs in it everyday, so there's hair and slobber everywhere.no probs beside scratches. Suntek is on my house and the slobber hasn't done anything. I didn't tint it, it was already on there

Not every 3M film is afraid of dogs. The prestige and Crystal Lynn are allergic to dog saliva.

Well I got 3m on my car, and 2 bulldogs in it everyday, so there's hair and slobber everywhere.no probs beside scratches. Suntek is on my house and the slobber hasn't done anything. I didn't tint it, it was already on there

Not every 3M film is afraid of dogs. The prestige and Crystal Lynn are allergic to dog saliva.

:boogie And why is that? Anyone?

It's that high dollar 3M Prestige window film that you brag about. The stuff is allergic to dog snot... takes the SR coat (and the dye that is in it) right off. Quality stuff! :boogie

:headbang

I have R20 on my front glass door and the dang dogs have done the same thing to it....

I was cleaning it the other day and the scratch coat was flaking off like mad...

Might want to add that in a disclaimer somewhere.... Do not clean with ammonia, paint thinner or dog drool.... :sad

Archived