Dodge Charger

Guest ohsnapitseric

Is it a late model car? Does is have a factory amp? I hope it wasnt like a bose/infinity option or anything like that.

Late model cars nowadays have decent sounding audio systems. Not so much the kind of bumps that can be felt from down the street, but very balanced in bass - mids - and treble.

Now....aftermarket speakers are made to handle more juice than stock speakers, however, you gotta put an amp to it. This is where you gotta do a little bit of selling. Putting an amp to your speakers usually means your getting an amp and at least a 10inch in the trunk :wtf LoL! Aftermarket speakers with out a sub is a no no. They have absolutely no mids, resulting in a serious lack of musical pleasure. The ONLY stock replacements I will install are Rockford Fosgates. Its the only way to go if your NOT going to be adding a powered sub. Of course you can do research and find some expensive crazy competition speaker, but most likely you'll be satisfied with fosgates. I have heard that kenwoods have decent mids too, but haven't actually heard them.

Maybe you can talk your custie into spending a little more dough and get some fosgates? Hope you guys work it out, you cant have him rolling in his car unhappy for the way his car sounds. He's gonna be reminded of it everytime he turns on his ipod!!! :cool

-e

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:beach Settings on the unit in phase ?? :beach

Is there a factory amp in the system that is being over-driven by the head unit :thumb

nono no phase in the stereo, I meant the settings for bass,treble,etc etc.

I believe there is a factory amp which is being over driven...

try feeding the factory amps with the pre-outs from the deck :thumb

(I'm sure I'm just saying what you've already been there done that.... :welcome )

Is it a late model car? Does is have a factory amp? I hope it wasnt like a bose/infinity option or anything like that.

Late model cars nowadays have decent sounding audio systems. Not so much the kind of bumps that can be felt from down the street, but very balanced in bass - mids - and treble.

Now....aftermarket speakers are made to handle more juice than stock speakers, however, you gotta put an amp to it. This is where you gotta do a little bit of selling. Putting an amp to your speakers usually means your getting an amp and at least a 10inch in the trunk :beach LoL! Aftermarket speakers with out a sub is a no no. They have absolutely no mids, resulting in a serious lack of musical pleasure. The ONLY stock replacements I will install are Rockford Fosgates. Its the only way to go if your NOT going to be adding a powered sub. Of course you can do research and find some expensive crazy competition speaker, but most likely you'll be satisfied with fosgates. I have heard that kenwoods have decent mids too, but haven't actually heard them.

Maybe you can talk your custie into spending a little more dough and get some fosgates? Hope you guys work it out, you cant have him rolling in his car unhappy for the way his car sounds. He's gonna be reminded of it everytime he turns on his ipod!!! :welcome

-e

+1. They call it buying a stereo SYSTEM for a reason. :thumb

Now....aftermarket speakers are made to handle more juice than stock speakers, however, you gotta put an amp to it. This is where you gotta do a little bit of selling. Putting an amp to your speakers usually means your getting an amp and at least a 10inch in the trunk :beer LoL! Aftermarket speakers with out a sub is a no no. They have absolutely no mids, resulting in a serious lack of musical pleasure. The ONLY stock replacements I will install are Rockford Fosgates. Its the only way to go if your NOT going to be adding a powered sub. Of course you can do research and find some expensive crazy competition speaker, but most likely you'll be satisfied with fosgates. I have heard that kenwoods have decent mids too, but haven't actually heard them.

Maybe you can talk your custie into spending a little more dough and get some fosgates? Hope you guys work it out, you cant have him rolling in his car unhappy for the way his car sounds. He's gonna be reminded of it everytime he turns on his ipod!!! :lol

-e

+1. They call it buying a stereo SYSTEM for a reason. :nope

thanks for the replies guys. but what if they want more bang for they're buck? I mean they're all aftermarket 6x9 kicker which I investigated and each speaker is like 140watts :( lol so I isntalled all 4.

the problem with switching out the factory speakers for aftermarket like the kickers is that

high power handling speakers like the kickers are less efficient than the factory ones so they require more power to perform

AND the kicker/rockford speakers sound like crap.. :nono

Guest scottydosnntkno

as TTS and others have said, the issue with installing aftermarket speakers is that they need more power to sound good. Factory speakers sound good with the 10-15 watts that the head unit provides, whereas an aftermarket "140" watt speaker(which is really 30-60wrms) needs just that, 30-60 watts rms to sound the same. Most aftermarket radios are 12-15wrms, so its not nearly enough power for the aftermarket speakers.

also, you don't add aftermarket speakers to add bass, or even volume for that matter. You add them to increase sound clarity. If you put a small 4 channel amp(50wrms) in, and run it hipass to the speakers, with say a 10in sub in the trunk, it is going to sound a lot better, more balanced, and clearer than the factory system. Aftermarket speakers are very good at producing mids and his, but NO lows. Stock speakers on the other hand produce everything surprisingly well, since they are what ~80% of people listen to for the life that they own the car.

If your customer strictly wants to listen to the music louder(and probably without the vsffsfsfffff vsfsfffffff of the stock blown speakers bass), then they need new speakers, a 4ch amp running hi pass, and some type of sub, even just one ten. That way, they can have the highs so loud they hurt your ears, and then the sub will pick up the bass, protecting the speakers from it.

:dunno

Scotty..... WHY on earth do you insist on speaking about things you KNOW NOTHING about ???

It's nice you are trying to help... but do everyone a favor and only help on things you know about because about 80% of your last post is bullshit.

In fact... I didn't even find any comedy in it as I do some of your stupid 'scottyisms' from other threads..... please! for the love of god STOP !

Guest ohsnapitseric
:lol2

Scotty..... WHY on earth do you insist on speaking about things you KNOW NOTHING about ???

It's nice you are trying to help... but do everyone a favor and only help on things you know about because about 80% of your last post is bullshit.

In fact... I didn't even find any comedy in it as I do some of your stupid 'scottyisms' from other threads..... please! for the love of god STOP !

I dont know what it is scotty...I dont think u mean to be, but, ur kinda a negative dude....like the kid in school that thinks everyone else is full of %&$#. dont mean to be a thread jack-er, but I think you should take tts's advise on this one...especially when the thread has been dead for over a month.

Archived