Dodge Charger

installed a new kenwood hu and changed the door speakers (6x9) with kicker brand and changed the speakrs in the rear deck (6x9 also) now customer complains the quality of sound is not as good as when it was factory speakrs and stereo :dunno am I doing something wrong?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
installed a new kenwood hu and changed the door speakers (6x9) with kicker brand and changed the speakrs in the rear deck (6x9 also) now customer complains the quality of sound is not as good as when it was factory speakrs and stereo :inot am I doing something wrong?

No...thats the problem with doing aftermarket radio....the chargers four 6x9's are so loud right from the factory. Your customer probably now has better sound quality and more control, but less volume. Is that what He is complaining about? :dunno

installed a new kenwood hu and changed the door speakers (6x9) with kicker brand and changed the speakrs in the rear deck (6x9 also) now customer complains the quality of sound is not as good as when it was factory speakrs and stereo :lol2 am I doing something wrong?

No...thats the problem with doing aftermarket radio....the chargers four 6x9's are so loud right from the factory. Your customer probably now has better sound quality and more control, but less volume. Is that what He is complaining about? :lol2

yes I guess, cause when they turn the volume up, guess they're trying to blast alll the way thru, sounds distorted or loses clarity....

installed a new kenwood hu and changed the door speakers (6x9) with kicker brand and changed the speakrs in the rear deck (6x9 also) now customer complains the quality of sound is not as good as when it was factory speakrs and stereo :lol2 am I doing something wrong?

No...thats the problem with doing aftermarket radio....the chargers four 6x9's are so loud right from the factory. Your customer probably now has better sound quality and more control, but less volume. Is that what He is complaining about? :lol2

yes I guess, cause when they turn the volume up, guess they're trying to blast alll the way thru, sounds distorted or loses clarity....

AMP IT!....It will go louder and clearer longer...

I would be double checking that everything is 'in phase' :lol2

Thats what it I was thinking. turn the fader all the way to front then listen back and forth between both left and right and left OR right. If it sounds like it has more bass on just one side, its out of phase(one speaker pushing other pulling) Do the same for the back.

Guest Djkyle65

New HU probably cant push the speakers well enough. I would amp them but even then your still not going to get amazing sound with 6x9 speakers you need to step up to some component speakers Focal and CDT make some great sets if your looking for something nice.

I would be double checking that everything is 'in phase' :shiz
New HU probably cant push the speakers well enough. I would amp them but even then your still not going to get amazing sound with 6x9 speakers you need to step up to some component speakers Focal and CDT make some great sets if your looking for something nice.

the settings on the hu is in face, all the bass and treble settings are all even, I even had to put the base to minus and when raising the volume real high

just loses clarity, I dont think installing an amp would help cause this customer does not really want "bump" but just real high sound...im almost thinking its the stereo I installed thats not as strong as the factory unit.

:cool Settings on the unit in phase ?? :cool

Is there a factory amp in the system that is being over-driven by the head unit :wtf

nono no phase in the stereo, I meant the settings for bass,treble,etc etc.

I believe there is a factory amp which is being over driven...

Archived