Christmas Bonuses

Guest unatinter
I've received a very generous christmas bonus basically for the last 20 years. things have always been well with business. I'm not expecting anything this year with how much business has dropped off over the last few months. :boogie

the guy I share the building with who works for harmon glass got a jar of syrup last year. talk about a kick in the balls. on top of that, the employees had to drive several hours into montana to attend the party where they got that wonderful syrup. they might as well have given nothing. for you business owners, don't be fuggin' stupid about shiat like that.

:boogie

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...but one day when I have my own shop, my guys/gals will always know they are the backbone and will always get what they deserve.

Snappy that is exactly why I have always given bonuses.. to me it is just another way that I can show them that they are appreciated.

Christmas Bonus every year good or bad and if a good year than $1 per every hour worked for the whole year.

Thanksgiving a $50 gift card

Wow. I've come close but no I haven't been quite that generous.

We don't have Thanksgiving but I do give them chocolate at Easter!

I've received a very generous christmas bonus basically for the last 20 years. things have always been well with business. I'm not expecting anything this year with how much business has dropped off over the last few months. :lol2

the guy I share the building with who works for harmon glass got a jar of syrup last year. talk about a kick in the balls. on top of that, the employees had to drive several hours into montana to attend the party where they got that wonderful syrup. they might as well have given nothing. for you business owners, don't be fuggin' stupid about shiat like that.

They say it's the thought that counts :hmmm personally I think a jar of syrup is as much an insult as an embarrassment, I would rather give/receive nothing :cold

My guys will get their bonus this year just like all the rest even though I think that they kind of expect it now. I went into business with a 'what's the worst that can happen' attitude and if giving Christmas bonuses puts me out of business then I wouldn't have been in business much longer anyway IMO :cold

Thanks to all for the input.

Sorry for the multiple posts, the multi + thing isn't working for me (user error no doubt)

I visit a lot of shops and you can tell which ones put the staff on their priority list. No turn over, theft etc... Not sayin you gotta give em the world but it feels great to be appreciated and horrible to bust your butt and not even get an "attaboy"

Doesn't always have to be a material object, being recognized and appreciated goes a long way. :cold

Guest Tint Chick
We get a turkey every year, of course we are just Hourly.

Managment gets $$$ every year, so I guess you could say the get $$$ and we hourly get the Bird !

So you work at a huge tint shop and your a tinter on hourly wages :lol2

Just given one out to one of our guys starting his holiday. I've always given a Christmas bonus as a thank you for the hard work carried out by staff during the year. I know I'd appreciate it if was the other way around.

That said managing people is very difficult and I can see the viewpoint of those who never give a bonus - it becomes expected.

We get a turkey every year, of course we are just Hourly.

Managment gets $$$ every year, so I guess you could say the get $$$ and we hourly get the Bird !

So you work at a huge tint shop and your a tinter on hourly wages :beach

My job that pays the bills is with a major Corporation, and this year we are not even getting our turkey that has been a tradition for the past 65 or 75 years of company history.

Archived