Christmas Bonuses

Just given one out to one of our guys starting his holiday. I've always given a Christmas bonus as a thank you for the hard work carried out by staff during the year. I know I'd appreciate it if was the other way around.

That said managing people is very difficult and I can see the viewpoint of those who never give a bonus - it becomes expected.

The trick is to not do the same thing twice in a row.... I believe the employer should always to 'something' with some thought behind it....

unfortunately if you do the same thing twice... then the 3rd year you get a bunch of pissed off people expecting it again twocents.gif

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintguy31707

last year I got $100 for a bonus... this year I got $100 for a bonus... I pull in two hands total a day and thats all I got?... I won't be here much longer. I've got a wife and a child ... the money he is paying me doesn't give me any play money.. I was hoping for at least a nice sized bonus to help support my family... I think a decent bonus is at least your paycheck... and a good bonus is 2 weeks pay. Call me unappreciative all you want, but I'm the one who has spent 4,680 hours of my life building his company.

I pay one week salary for christmas....plus all the holiday days off....so like this year a couple free fridays and one saturday (we work every other sat), I wish I could pay more....and do thru out the year with cash on busy weeks.....also the girls in the office where I do my auto tinting out if I give then 50 each for xmas and 25 for their b-day y...they are not my employees but they recieve almost every call to the glass shop I sublet my bay from so if they are bitchy it reflects me.....

Archived