Christmas Bonuses

I have always paid my employees a Christmas bonus, the amount varies but they have always gotten one. This came up at a BBQ on the weekend with a mate who also has his own business and he asked me if I was serious because he has never paid a Christmas bonus and this was seconded by several others who were there. It has me wondering if I am the exception to the rule, I've never thought so but... :jacked

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I learned years ago to never, ever, ever pay a 'bonus'....

I've always done something nice for the folks every year... but never the same thing twice in a row....

On good years they get lots of goodies.. on off years they get less goodies

:jacked

I think it is a really nice thing to do when business is good but should not be expected.

I agree :cool

I learned years ago to never, ever, ever pay a 'bonus'....

I've always done something nice for the folks every year... but never the same thing twice in a row....

On good years they get lots of goodies.. on off years they get less goodies

:jacked

That's kind of where I'm at, this year is tighter than usual and why the topic came up on the weekend.... let me just say that I have some friends I would never work for after hearing their attitudes towards their employees.

As I said it has varied in the past, don't think I have ever done the same thing two years in a row. Not always money, some years it has been a hamper, food that they can put on the table for Christmas, sometimes alcohol or even both.... good to know I'm not only one :cool

Guest thatsnappyguy

I never recieved one. never expected one from the places that I have been employed...but one day when I have my own shop, my guys/gals will always know they are the backbone and will always get what they deserve.

I've received a very generous christmas bonus basically for the last 20 years. things have always been well with business. I'm not expecting anything this year with how much business has dropped off over the last few months. :boogie

the guy I share the building with who works for harmon glass got a jar of syrup last year. talk about a kick in the balls. on top of that, the employees had to drive several hours into montana to attend the party where they got that wonderful syrup. they might as well have given nothing. for you business owners, don't be fuggin' stupid about shiat like that.

Archived