2000 crv

painted600rr

They aren't as bad as dots, just do like you said, take it all apart, tint and then heat up the lines while you push the air out.

Welcome to the forum by the way. :shock

thank you for the reply. ive just got done tinting evey window but the back glass. I ran out of film so I havent attempted it. I was wondering though, is there a paint that I can use to just go over the lines so that its solid black instead of the lines? im thinking it would look better if it was just solid black.

okay the whole latch assembly comes off but you can do that after the glass is out. first you must remove the struts, I think they are 12mm. use an open end wrench and some pliers on the outside to keep it from spinning. I usually use pliers on the plastic part on the inside so you dont damage the showing part, but it takes practice or help. then there should be 4 10mms that hold the wing on top of the window. take those off then prop the spoiler up. after you do this remove all the cables that run down the side (defrosters and power to the wiper). feed those through the holes on top of the glass. close the glass and hold up the spoiler and there should now b 4 more 10mms that hold the glass in. take those off and you should be able to flip the glass out. remember the order of the rubber grommets, bolt flanges, plastic spacer, and gold metal spacer. if you put them on in the wrong order the glass will not sit right. now once you get it to your work bench, you should have already removed the first plasctic cover to get to the power cord. take off the wiper, I think its an 8 or 10. then there will be a large nut, use a crescent to get that off. then on the inside there is another 10 that hold the little finger handle. now everything should be off. just remove the wiper assembly and all the rubber grommets and clean away. when you think its clean take it outside and hose it off. they collect dust. after you shrink cut very carefully, theres a lot to trim around on that bad boy.

I have masked them off before after tinting and spray painted the lines black. I just tinted to the lines. IMO it looks better if you tint the lines

sorry for the long post but its thorough

after reading all that start with cables first. you must remove the wiper motor cover first. then take off the wing and feed the lines through. then the struts, then the glass out. sorry there was a lot to do and I just put it in wrong order. use a broom to prop the glass up if youre by yourself but I highly recommend an extra set of hands for your first time

thanks for all the replies guys I really appreciate it. I just removed the back glass and it wasnt too bad. I ended up removing the plastic wire guides to make my life a little easier. after removing everything I think im going to tint over the lines. it looks much easier after stripping the glass bare.

well I was still planning on cutting them out before I stuck them on. attempt #1 was a failure. everything was going good until I creased it a couple times in the bottom corner while shrinking the tint. im pissed because now I dont have enough tint to try again at the moment.

Archived