Ceramic Tech films

Had a new client this past week bring in a 09 BMW/M3 for an R/R....This guy had a very popular ''germen tech" cerm/film[net 34]% on his car with an average install. He had a large open seam on the top defrost line and told me it was done to correct an R/F problem.He had made the call to remove the film and replace with a Color Stable. Has anyone seen a situation like this before?. This client is a popular M3 forum member and seemed to know quite a bit about his car.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunlimited

HO is german, could've been a ceramic 40.....I've heard of some problems with the ceramic and interference on the bmw's, wethere r/f or the comfort key or what ever it's called

HO is german, could've been a ceramic 40.....I've heard of some problems with the ceramic and interference on the bmw's, wethere r/f or the comfort key or what ever it's called

exactly what he said..did not have a problem spending the extra loot for the first job.. just felt mislead from his research on superior performance products.

Guest Sunlimited

Thats becoming more and more commaon. And when the manny advertises "signal safe", custy's go for it, and in the end it all falls back on the installer. Granted the installer should further his knowledge, rather than go on what the manny says, but it doesn't always happen like that....

Guest VaTinterPMan

Yeah true if falls on us but only from the customer! If something is sold just because of one thing than thats not our fought, we just install the film we dont test, manufacture the film and everything else with it.

I haven't had any issues with Ultra Performance, haven't honestly heard of many issues with anything other than Insulatir... but our UP doesn't claim to be "ceramic" we consider it nano-technology.

I have seen shops installing god knows what and calling it "ceramic"

I haven't had any issues with Ultra Performance, haven't honestly heard of many issues with anything other than Insulatir... but our UP doesn't claim to be "ceramic" we consider it nano-technology.

I have seen shops installing god knows what and calling it "ceramic"

I think dirt contamination technically qualifies as ceramic. :tinttank:

Guest ntintsmaster

Does the cost differance really reflect the benifits, I dont think so and to have this happen If the customer insist on haveing this product I just keep from touchining the top part of the lines and is it affecting both am and fm ?

Does the cost differance really reflect the benifits, I dont think so and to have this happen If the customer insist on haveing this product I just keep from touchining the top part of the lines and is it affecting both am and fm ?

Depends, I will say if you cant sell the shop on using it they'll never sell a client on buying it. The optically clear versions do block almost 50% more than a standard non metal film, that is impressive, but as you go darker the differences aren't as great.. that being said there are people out there that want a premium product and I've seen these films (not just the brand I push) succeed and make shops a lot of money and keep a lot of customers cool and happy w/ a premium product.

I guess my simple answer is, if I had a shop I would push it and do very well with it to certain markets. I'd be missing out on an upsell and additional income.

Kinda like you have folks who will pay a premium for the iPhone and others who see no use for it... its really not a one size fits all market unless you determine that for your customers which I personally think is a disservice. I would be irked if someone assumed I wanted just the best deal and didn't offer me options and a better product. Again, my personal opinion and I'm here in Socal where this works.. I know sales is my thing so I could be in Alaska and I'd still be creating a market for it but its cause I believe in it so I will sell it.. selling yourself is the hardest part :tinttank:

Archived