Legality of installing "illegal" tinting

It's more about profiling since 9/11

To prevent legal actions for installation of illegal tint on front doors & to keep track of front doors your shop tinted in case of a waranty issue, I write my reciepts as follows: If I tint as an example 4 doors and the back window my reciept reads (tinted rear 1/2 ONLY) if I tint the back doors and back window my reciept reads (tinted rear 1/2) I USE THE WORD "ONLY" TO REPRESENT THE TWO FRONT DOORS. for 23 years its worked for me. The signed statement method is proof in a court of law that you knew it was illegal and did it anyway. That info came from my lawer.

same here. No matter what you have done, my receipt reads either rear half four door sedan/coupe or back glass only, etc

same with the warranty card, since warranties don't cover illegal film

So, Scotty.....after all your railing of others, you DO tint illegally !!!! Otherwise, why would you fill out ALL of your receipts to say REAR HALF OF FOUR DOOR blah blah blah, no matter what you have done??? AND the same with the warranty card?? If you're doing it legal, why have to forge the paperwork??? I hope your film manny is here reading this...........lots of voided warranties from your shop............... :lol

last time I checked, its no secret that I tint illegally :trustme you can't make a living tinting legal in MI, when we can have NOTHING on the fronts, and every other hack shop does whatever you want. as I have said, I have my limits, such as no darker than 20% on the fronts, not even 15%.

ask snappy, blade, TINT, anyone else. Like YOU have never installed one illegal piece of film?

Just don't go preaching about it on a public forum, and expecting praise for your installs(DJs 15% on the shield kills me :lol )

I'm not an advocate for legal tinting, but when your state has no recourse for illegal tinting, and if you did legal you would have no business, you gotta do what you gotta do

Now thats too funny. How hypocritical can you get??? You tint illegally but rail others for doing it?? If you do it too, you cant say sh!t.......I would say to take your own advice, DONT GO PREACHING!!! You claim you are not an advocate of LEGAL tint, but have no problem with preaching to anyone who does illegal tint. Pull your head out of your arse, scotty, until you do it by the book, keep your mouth shut!!

As far as tell me that I hav tinted illegally, put your memory to work, dipsh!t, I HAVE NEVER, EVER, TINTED A CAR. NOT ONE!! Not even my own. So, guess what, bubba, I, not YOU can throw stones.

AND, nice job of throwing Snappy, Blade, TINT under the bus.............bet they love having you pull them down with ya............................. :mad

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno

To prevent legal actions for installation of illegal tint on front doors & to keep track of front doors your shop tinted in case of a waranty issue, I write my reciepts as follows: If I tint as an example 4 doors and the back window my reciept reads (tinted rear 1/2 ONLY) if I tint the back doors and back window my reciept reads (tinted rear 1/2) I USE THE WORD "ONLY" TO REPRESENT THE TWO FRONT DOORS. for 23 years its worked for me. The signed statement method is proof in a court of law that you knew it was illegal and did it anyway. That info came from my lawer.

same here. No matter what you have done, my receipt reads either rear half four door sedan/coupe or back glass only, etc

So, Scotty.....after all your railing of others, you DO tint illegally !!!! Otherwise, why would you fill out ALL of your receipts to say REAR HALF OF FOUR DOOR blah blah blah, no matter what you have done??? AND the same with the warranty card?? If you're doing it legal, why have to forge the paperwork??? I hope your film manny is here reading this...........lots of voided warranties from your shop............... :lol2

I'm pretty sure he used to be all for signing waivers too... And now that somebody mentioned it's a misdemeanor he's vomiting that back up. He flips and flops.

We all know what we do, and what we don't, we have our reasons. I agree that the law is the law but you can't blame a guy for choosing to have work and feed his kids than to not have work... I think it was TINT that mentioned all the other things other shops don't get chased for. So whatever. I'm just glad I live where I do with the vague laws we have, and out of respect I prefer to keep the limo papas on the shelf. I've found it's not hard to talk guys out of going stupid dark.

On a side note... whether you do it or not, just use your head :lol2

I used to use the waiver thing a year or two ago, but after reading and talking on here about it my opinion has changed, once I realized how, as I and others have said, it can easily backfire on you.

I don't "flip and flop", do a search, I'm all against waivers now, and for the last 6 months-1year

Guest scottydosnntkno

So, Scotty.....after all your railing of others, you DO tint illegally !!!! Otherwise, why would you fill out ALL of your receipts to say REAR HALF OF FOUR DOOR blah blah blah, no matter what you have done??? AND the same with the warranty card?? If you're doing it legal, why have to forge the paperwork??? I hope your film manny is here reading this...........lots of voided warranties from your shop............... :lol2

last time I checked, its no secret that I tint illegally :lol you can't make a living tinting legal in MI, when we can have NOTHING on the fronts, and every other hack shop does whatever you want. as I have said, I have my limits, such as no darker than 20% on the fronts, not even 15%.

ask snappy, blade, TINT, anyone else. Like YOU have never installed one illegal piece of film?

Just don't go preaching about it on a public forum, and expecting praise for your installs(DJs 15% on the shield kills me :lol2 )

I'm not an advocate for legal tinting, but when your state has no recourse for illegal tinting, and if you did legal you would have no business, you gotta do what you gotta do

Now thats too funny. How hypocritical can you get??? You tint illegally but rail others for doing it?? If you do it too, you cant say sh!t.......I would say to take your own advice, DONT GO PREACHING!!! You claim you are not an advocate of LEGAL tint, but have no problem with preaching to anyone who does illegal tint. Pull your head out of your arse, scotty, until you do it by the book, keep your mouth shut!!

As far as tell me that I hav tinted illegally, put your memory to work, dipsh!t, I HAVE NEVER, EVER, TINTED A CAR. NOT ONE!! Not even my own. So, guess what, bubba, I, not YOU can throw stones.

AND, nice job of throwing Snappy, Blade, TINT under the bus.............bet they love having you pull them down with ya............................. :lol

how am I supposed to know you've never tinted a car? I've never seen your biography posted before with a timeline of what you've done

last time I checked, its no secret that I tint illegally :lol you can't make a living tinting legal in MI, when we can have NOTHING on the fronts, and every other hack shop does whatever you want. as I have said, I have my limits, such as no darker than 20% on the fronts, not even 15%.

Just don't go preaching about it on a public forum, and expecting praise for your installs(DJs 15% on the shield kills me :lol )

AND, nice job of throwing Snappy, Blade, TINT under the bus.............bet they love having you pull them down with ya............................. :lol

how am I supposed to know you've never tinted a car? I've never seen your biography posted before with a timeline of what you've done

Well, I would say that Sunlimited is a good reference..............and I believe he knows I would'nt touch a car if you paid me 10 times the amount. Plus add in all the bullsh!t with laws, idiots coming back with stupid issues, theres a good reason. Flat glass has paid the bills long enough and I dont need more. And I dont remember Flip flopping beong mentioned, the word was Hypocritical, or by definition telling someone they shouldnt do something when you do the same!!!

Its funny, if concentration was put on the flat glass end of filming, the issue of illegal tinting on cars would become moot, since cars would not become so relied upon. But, as you have stated before, you dont care about this industry, it;s just a way to make money until you get through school. :lol2

Bottom line, it is up to each person to know the laws and to abide or not abide as they decide.

That being said, there are penalties for not complying, those who do not have consequences to face.

So true....................just don't preach the opposite of what ye do!!!

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2002/Bills/A3000/2924_I1.PDF

link seems to not be working.

Basically states that a tinter has to inform the customer of the tint laws and have the customer sign a "waiver" if you will, if they decide to have illegal tinting installed.

Thus clearing the shop from any wrong doing.

In NJ anyway.

Wow, I can honestly say I've never seen that before. Interesting. I wish more states would do this.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/2002/Bills/A3000/2924_I1.PDF

link seems to not be working.

Basically states that a tinter has to inform the customer of the tint laws and have the customer sign a "waiver" if you will, if they decide to have illegal tinting installed.

Thus clearing the shop from any wrong doing.

In NJ anyway.

Wow, I can honestly say I've never seen that before. Interesting. I wish more states would do this.

Me too. :lol

Archived