Gaining Experience

Hey guys, I am located in California. I have been teaching myself how to tint for about a year with the help of training videos(Stan's DVD) and tintdude.com. I consider myself as average level, I pretty much can do most side windows no problems, but I'm still working on improving rear windows.

Unfortunately, I don't know any friends who are expert at tinting and I never get the opportunity to watch a professional tinter do work in a shop setting. There is a big difference between watching tinters in videos and than in person, you can only learn so much by watching video alone. I am a person that learns very quickly by watching someone else do it. I would like to ask anyone out there who started out similar like me, what did you do or what can I do in order to gain access in a professional setting and have see an expert to do it in person. Or do I not have any options and continue to self teach? Any little advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Guest auricwealth

visit the SEMA Show annually. manufacturers will have daily tinting demostrations and you can direct questions at the experts immediately. I can recall that lulu and johnny do that every day.

You got to be there. :nope

Hey guys, I am located in California. I have been teaching myself how to tint for about a year with the help of training videos(Stan's DVD) and tintdude.com. I consider myself as average level, I pretty much can do most side windows no problems, but I'm still working on improving rear windows.

Unfortunately, I don't know any friends who are expert at tinting and I never get the opportunity to watch a professional tinter do work in a shop setting. There is a big difference between watching tinters in videos and than in person, you can only learn so much by watching video alone. I am a person that learns very quickly by watching someone else do it. I would like to ask anyone out there who started out similar like me, what did you do or what can I do in order to gain access in a professional setting and have see an expert to do it in person. Or do I not have any options and continue to self teach? Any little advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Come up for a weekend and watch us tint in my retail shop.................... free since you bought the DVD's. They have tinters in the retail shop tinting the same type window I am teaching on the DVD in a different way ....butttttt nutin like watching in person......

Cheers dude

Stan :nope

Guest 515tinter

Come up for a weekend and watch us tint in my retail shop.................... free since you bought the DVD's. They have tinters in the retail shop tinting the same type window I am teaching on the DVD in a different way ....butttttt nutin like watching in person......

Cheers dude

Stan :beer

now thats an offer I wouldn't pass up!

Archived