customer problem help

Guest PerformanceTinterFL

Hey so I recently installed an indash tv for a customer, I never usually do electronics, I bought the interface for the bose system, had everything hooked up and sounded good, then next day customer called and said that he didnt have sound, I told him it would be a couple days til I could get out there to fix it, he told me either I come fix it now or he is going to pay a shop to pull that tv out and get a diferent one, I think it was just a loose ground so he did not need a new tv, now I know I installed it right, I think it might have been a problem in the tv, now he says he had a new one put in and he said that he has 1200 total now in this, well $500 was from my install, I think the other shop is ripping him off, so now he says that he has a lawyer and what I did is a crime and he is going to press criminal charges and civil court to cover all his costs, now I dont see how he could make me pay for all this or even criminal charges. I charged him 300 for the tv, so the other money was for the bose 1 interface, so basically he wanted a new tv and he is trying to say im responsible for that, now tell me if im wrong here,

thanks

and can this be a criminal thing on me like he says

Hey so I recently installed an indash tv for a customer, I never usually do electronics, I bought the interface for the bose system, had everything hooked up and sounded good, then next day customer called and said that he didnt have sound, I told him it would be a couple days til I could get out there to fix it, he told me either I come fix it now or he is going to pay a shop to pull that tv out and get a diferent one, I think it was just a loose ground so he did not need a new tv, now I know I installed it right, I think it might have been a problem in the tv, now he says he had a new one put in and he said that he has 1200 total now in this, well $500 was from my install, I think the other shop is ripping him off, so now he says that he has a lawyer and what I did is a crime and he is going to press criminal charges and civil court to cover all his costs, now I dont see how he could make me pay for all this or even criminal charges. I charged him 300 for the tv, so the other money was for the bose 1 interface, so basically he wanted a new tv and he is trying to say im responsible for that, now tell me if im wrong here,

thanks

and can this be a criminal thing on me like he says

no problem just refund him what he payed take back your stuff not a issue ..... he needed to let you fix it first if you refused or could not fix it then he could go else where

what if he tryed to say I refused? I didnt, but I was out of town and I told him it would have to be when I got back, then he said he went somewhere and got a new tv and repairs, he said he has already talked to a lawyer and will press charges, does he actually have anything or is he bluffing, I have no problem just giving his money back for the tv, but the other money I wont refund because it was for the bose interface, I am now getting disclaimers that people will sign before I touch a car, I jst need to know if he can actually persue crminal or if he can just try to fight me in court

There is nothing that says you need to refund anything... You never refused service... He made the decision to go buy additional equipment... :?

thanks, all input is great, I am getting waivers made tomorrow. I never said I would not fix it, I just told him I needed time til I could get over there, I have the emails on my computer, I am going to post them on here so youll can make sure I am not in the wrong......

just curious for future, if you do ever refuse to fix something is that criminal or no

There is nothing that says you need to refund anything... You never refused service... He made the decision to go buy additional equipment... :?

I concur.

you never really saw if the tv was not working or not, and he never gave you the chance to look at it also. I would tell him to take his laywer

and criminal charges and stick it up they're arse cause they cant do nothing, nor it is a criminal offense. stupid guy.

I concur.

you never really saw if the tv was not working or not, and he never gave you the chance to look at it also. I would tell him to take his laywer

and criminal charges and stick it up they're arse cause they cant do nothing, nor it is a criminal offense. stupid guy.

:lol

(my email to him, I was in class and he left voicemail saying his sound stopped)

Ok, is the truck in town or with you, sure its something simple

(him)

first this morning loud sound like a motor running then cutting off and on then no audio

(me)

Hey I just got your voicemail, im in class, I can call you as soon as I get out. What was the problems? Im sure its just something simple, no matter what I will take care of you. Describe the problems and what it was doin

(him)

Sounds great, we are home now so just let me know. As you know my phone does not work in the house. Thanks

him

I am on my way home now. I will be in town tomorrow

(him)

first this morning loud sound like a motor running then cutting off and on then no audio

(him)

Jacob,

What is the status? I have to go back out of town tomorrow and I need this taken care of.

Me

The tv still comes on though right,

him

Comes on then shuts off and closes. Then comes back on

me

Im talking with a couple people right now trying to figure out what the problem probally is, I think is has something to do with the way someone spliced into the factory wiring (before me someone messed the harness up, so I bought a new one)

him

Why would that matter, you said you redid all of that wiring

me

Ok sounds like a ground problem, when are you leaving

him

5 am Weds. morning

me

I will be in town in a little bit. Is the denali there and is the keys there? I think we just need a better ground.

him

Yes, the keys are at the house, I don't know if my daughter is home , you can check with her.

him

I just spoke to my daughter, and as of 2 pm she hasen't heard from you. at 10 am when you emailed me you were going to be in town in a little bit. This needs to be taken care of today, if you are not able to take care of this then let me know and I will take it to someone else.

I am not very pleased with the situation, when this started you stated that the player would be a alpine or kenwood, you installed the t-view, which I checked, that model retails for 230.00. I understand that there was problems with the existing wiring and you had to buy additional wiring harness but I paid 550.00 up front for something that is not working.

me

For the money this is a great deal, the wiring adapter for the bose system was $160. After all the money I put in there I didnt make anything. The tv is a good setup for the money, I explained to you before I started that if you wanted a high end tv it was going to be around $800. I am stuck out of town right now. I broke the studs on my silverado.

him

you are stuck out of town and you did not think to notify your customer? I had my daughter miss class and stay home to wait for you I even had her try to contact you. that's not good business. we did discuss other units and price but you never mentioned this unit. if the install was as bad as you state then you stop and notify me that there will be additional charges and we discuss. this is a defective unit or a install that is not correct. I will have the unit removed in the morning and available for you to pick up and return. the receipt has a unit cost of 300.00 that I will expect from the return.

I am more concerned with a unit that works rather than a good deal for the money. one thing that I have learned over the years is that one disatisfied customer will do a lot more damage to a business than 10 satisfied. I paid you the entire amount up front and you have not fulfilled the agreement

(I was only a couple hours late, my studs holding my 24s broke when I hit a pot hole, I called and left a voicemail saying I would be in later that day but he freaked out cause he didnt get the voicemail cause he was in work)

me

Ill refund the wholesale price of the unit. You will have to take payments.

him

I will not accept wholesale price. The receipt states 300.00. This unit should have a warranty so you should be refunded the purchase price. If necessary I will go the the company on the receipt.

him

I have allowed a week to pass without hearing from you. As of today, 2-14-10 I am informing you that if you have not made an attempt at restitution for the stereo and costs associated with repairs that I have incurred that I will not only be pursuing civil action, but after discussing with my attorney the situation I will be filling criminal charges as well. You have until the 20th of Feb. to resolve this or I will instruct my attorney to proceed with the criminal and civil charges. At the present time I have spent 1289.00 having the stereo removed, repairs made from your install as well as replacing the unit. If you respond in the time frame as stated above I will accept the 550.00 that was paid and return the stereo to you. Otherwise, I will be seeking damages, attorney fees, replacement cost and court filing fees as well as proceed with the criminal charges

(and thats where we stand now?)

am I liable here ? I offered to pay him in payments after he went somewhere else to get it done and he did not except, on the reciept there is nothing that says I will refund or exchange it, it says the price of what he bought,

I never mess with stereos and this is why, I tinted a couple cars and he asked me if I could put a cheap cd player in for him, I told him itd be a couple hundred, then I realized I needed a bose adapter, I only made $50, I was just helping him out, and I got screwed, last time for that

(he emailed me this morning, I dont know where he is coming up with this, I am fully liscensed and have resale certificzates and everythiung, and hes saying I didnt warranty it, he never gave me a chance ) I need to know if im in the wrong ?

(him)

Check the Florida Statue, one thing you are doing is operating a business without registration with the Florida Dept. of business and professional registration, you are operating a business in ........ counties and you are not registered in either county, also, if you are performing a service or goods for someone and do not honor or warranty your product or services you can be charged with fraud. the wiring that you did not only caused the problem with the new radiio but also shorted out my ignition system, I was broken down on I 95 and had to be towed and repairs had to be made. I had to purchase a new radio ( which I am responsible for paying) labor to install which you are responsible for. Jacob, these are facts, like I mentioned earlier, I have already met with my attorney and we will proceed based on how you decide to correct this. This will be my last communication with you concerning this, any future communication will be thru my attorney.

Guest scottydosnntkno

after reading the emails, it sounds like you are somewhat in the wrong also.

1. Should you have to pay for the new radio? No, but you also should have upheld your end of the bargain. I would never install, nor would I ever want installed a "t-view" tv in my car. if you had an agreement to install a alpine/kenwood radio, then thats what you should have done, and informed the customer of the additional cost. Not buy something completely different than what he wanted. You bought a shiatty TV, and this is why they are shiatty and not a name brand, they don't work.

2. Why did you not contact the customer via phone or email for over a week? Better yet, why didn't you call the customer on the phone and explain that you studs broke on your wheels so you wouldn't be able to make it home? You should have given the customer a specific time you would be back in town to fix it, but he also should have told you that he was having his daughter stay home yadda yadda yadda so you would have been on the same page. At that time you could have said "hey I won't be back for 6 hours she doesn't need to do that"

Lastly, PAYMENTS on refunding $300 :? If I was your customer I would tell you to shove it up your arse. If you make a deal with a business, and for any reason it is necessary for them to refund your money, then you shouldn't have to accept payments. You paid the money, they have the money, whether they spent that particular money or not is not your problem. When you return something to a store do you accept payments for it? :? Maybe you shouldn't be rolling around on your 24s if you can't afford to refund $300 to your customers :lol

Give the man his money back, all $550 of it, take your equipment, and chalk it up as a lesson learned for next time.

Archived