Glass manufacturer tagging dark windows "For Off-Road Use Only&qu

Guest CUSTOMAUTOGLASS

Guest CUSTOMAUTOGLASS

A little background on my company... We manufacture aftermarket tempered windows for most all makes and models in factory colors and darkness. We also manufacture windows for all types of custom cars including chop-tops, hot rods, limousines, prototypes, etc... So we can make ALL types of bent tempered windows out of ALL types of glass...

Question... I know the laws do not permit dark tint on the front windows of all vehicles or on any window of passenger vehicles on public highways, but what prevents me from selling the windows with a sticker (or permanent etched logo) on the window stating "For Off-Road Use ONLY" just like all the other aftermarket manufactures of parts that are illegal for vehicles driven on public highways?

I would not be installing them in vehicles, only selling and shipping them to the customer...

I know I have A LOT more research to do, but I thought you guys sounded pretty knowledgeable in this area, so I'd thought I'd ask if you could help me in anyway, or if you knew of anyone else doing what I'm talking about without the law banging down their doors...

Thanks!

-Robb

Guest scottydosnntkno
You are asking people who make their living tinting glass if you should sell glass that's already tinted??!? Seriously?

:ppdance

and maybe you should brush up on tint laws a little more, because you CAN drive passenger vehicles on public roads with "dark" tint in many states

Guest scottydosnntkno
The problem is if you do 25% fronts for a car in Texas, and that car is sold and taken to Calif, (no film on the fronts allowed ?) what do you propose to do with making it legal for Calif ?

thats exactly the reason why he says he should put "for off road use only" etched into the glass.

Archived