And so it begins........

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to work for my hometown which is 15 miles away from here. There are no openings at this point. So I will do reserve work each night after my current job for 4 or 5 hours and on weekends until something shakes loose.

When you graduate, you are then a Commisioned Peace Officer in the State of Texas ?

Can you then work on a Temp basis for an Agency that might have a temporary need for more Officers ? (Thinking of Arlington, Tx for the upcoming Bowl game in Jan if you do not have a permanent position by then ?)

Do you have arrest powers upon graduation, or do you have to have an affiliation with a Law Enforcement Agency to have arrest power ?

Man, I have been real busy lately.

Its coming down to the last couple weeks of class. We have a couple piss ant courses left like Hazmat and Emergency Medical Response. The last week we are going into review mode. Instructors are coming back in to refresh us ocer the subjects they taught, then we have test.

Its all coming together for Nov. 3rd graduation :lol2

The dept. I am going to work for doesnt have a perm opening right now. I am gonna do reserve work for them until something opens up. I am first in line to get a spot.

I am gonna have to keep working here at longhorn 8-5 on weekdays to pay the bills and go over to the dept. and work 3 to 4 hours a night and work on weekends to get my hours going. I can gt my field training done as a reserve officer also, so I can get that part out of the way.

My schedule is pretty much gonna stay the same as it is right now. I work from 8-4ish here at longhorn and then go to the academy from 6-10. Instead of going to the academy I will go to the police dept from 6-10.

Archived