Spec sheets shouldn't be wrong but..............

I've just got around to retinting my showroom glass where I had Madico's Silver 20 4 mil on for the last 17 years.

I've replaced it with Suntek's Symphony 15 6 mil and I've come up with these conclusions.

Firstly the new film which should be on an equal par in TSER figures feels as though it is not stopping as much heat as the old film and I mean by far.

It seems to me that because the Suntek film is a reverse facing grey like many on the market today, the reflectivity doesn't appear the same.

Externally there is miles of difference in the lack of a "silvery look" with the Symphony which makes me feel as though the film is not a performance equal.

Close proximity to the inside of the panes (about a foot away) one can really feel the heat build up and retained heat which is not anywhere near as evident with the old conventional silver 20 silver.

Has anyone else realised this?

Perhaps I should have retinted with the silver 20 silver from either manufacturer?

Devil

I've just got around to retinting my showroom glass where I had Madico's Silver 20 4 mil on for the last 17 years.

I've replaced it with Suntek's Symphony 15 6 mil and I've come up with these conclusions.

Firstly the new film which should be on an equal par in TSER figures feels as though it is not stopping as much heat as the old film and I mean by far.

It seems to me that because the Suntek film is a reverse facing grey like many on the market today, the reflectivity doesn't appear the same.

Externally there is miles of difference in the lack of a "silvery look" with the Symphony which makes me feel as though the film is not a performance equal.

Close proximity to the inside of the panes (about a foot away) one can really feel the heat build up and retained heat which is not anywhere near as evident with the old conventional silver 20 silver.

Has anyone else realised this?

Perhaps I should have retinted with the silver 20 silver from either manufacturer?

Devil

Suntek just had that film NFRC rated, I don't know what the new specs are though. How do you find them, though the manufacturer?

Silver 20 is horrible looking from the inside, I'd take the extra heat.

Do your customers see these windows and / or do you do flatglass? I'd do something with a more appealing color, a lot of people seem to think if they tint their house it will be a mirror, don't help the myth. :rollin

Archived