Who has opened a shop lately?

Guest tint51

im in cali also and opening up right now would be hard. the only way I see it being profitable is to low ball. I hate to say it but thats how it is here. and once you do that you might be able to stick around. downside is that it is very hard to raise your prices if everybody knew you as the guy that was cheap.

Guest tint51
im in cali also and opening up right now would be hard. the only way I see it being profitable is to low ball. I hate to say it but thats how it is here. and once you do that you might be able to stick around. downside is that it is very hard to raise your prices if everybody knew you as the guy that was cheap.

:thumb

That is my deliema(spelling?) :beer ...How to do it... :smoker

use social media, and buy a nice vehicle you can sticker up nicely. when you talk to customers get to know them and encourage them watching you. I know it sucks but talk to them as you work. it distracts them from eye phucking the job. if you are young enough you can even hang with the highschoolers who are into cars. im 31 now opened when I was 25 and I still kick it with highschoolers. get involved in the auto clubs around your town too. thats the way to run a known mobile business, then when u open a shop u have a justified reason for raising your prices a little even to your regular customers.

but a break room in your shop is a must. we got so many shop rats around that come and kick it daily. I dont think our customers like it very much

Guest tint51
use social media, and buy a nice vehicle you can sticker up nicely. when you talk to customers get to know them and encourage them watching you. I know it sucks but talk to them as you work. it distracts them from eye phucking the job. if you are young enough you can even hang with the highschoolers who are into cars. im 31 now opened when I was 25 and I still kick it with highschoolers. get involved in the auto clubs around your town too. thats the way to run a known mobile business, then when u open a shop u have a justified reason for raising your prices a little even to your regular customers.

but a break room in your shop is a must. we got so many shop rats around that come and kick it daily. I dont think our customers like it very much

So what I do now..

Talk to people..sell business whenever... have my truck lettered up... I have ran into people who say I seen your truck around town.. get a lot of business that way and repeat business too..

keep it up. make sure your vehicle is noticed, so the stickers have to be nice and professional. the bigger the better. your logo has to be very legible and easily remembered. also if you are not driving it, drop it off somewhere that gets good traffic. have nice t shirts or uniforms made and always wear them. make it nice to where you want to wear it everyday. and drop by random gas stations all day. I pull up to the pump and go in for a gatorade or something. and it never fails I have a couple people waiting at my car for a quote and business card. its really easy, just get out there and make it easy for people to remember you and be able to find you for a quote. and with all this you have to be at least on google. if you brand your name right and your logo is remembered they will google it to find you if they havent received your business card.

Guest tint51
keep it up. make sure your vehicle is noticed, so the stickers have to be nice and professional. the bigger the better. your logo has to be very legible and easily remembered. also if you are not driving it, drop it off somewhere that gets good traffic. have nice t shirts or uniforms made and always wear them. make it nice to where you want to wear it everyday. and drop by random gas stations all day. I pull up to the pump and go in for a gatorade or something. and it never fails I have a couple people waiting at my car for a quote and business card. its really easy, just get out there and make it easy for people to remember you and be able to find you for a quote. and with all this you have to be at least on google. if you brand your name right and your logo is remembered they will google it to find you if they havent received your business card.

I have had that experience.. flling up too.. I even run into people yrs later said I remember your truck at the gas station when I was filling up..LOL..

I need to do some more new shirts...for the summer...

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

I closed down in 2008 after a little legal issue I had. I since have opened back up as of December 2009. I decided to target the older mature customers because they are the ones that spend the money and not the teens. I have raised my prices about $40-60 on my Johnsons Marathon line and added 3M as my non metallic line. So far so good, and by raising my prices so high I eliminate all the low price shoppers out and don't have to tint a bunch of buckets. I like doing new cars anyways. I make the same now off 10 cars a week that I used to off of 15-20 cars a week. And now I do it all myself and don't have to pay employees.

The only advantage I have off a newly opened shop is I still have the same number that I've had for 8 years and all my old customers still call.

Archived