Help with Roland cutting

Guest showitoff

Guest showitoff

So I recently purchased a Roland cx24 and I have flexi 8 on my computer with the production manager. I'll get to the point, lol Ex. I was trying to cut rectangle shapes for the hood of a car and when it goes to cut it cuts 3 of the lines and leaves out the fourth. Well I'm doing them 12" wide each so I mesured on the vinyl where my plotter was cutting and it's a perfect 12" from where the vinyl starts but it somehow includes the end and side holes as part of the mesurment to be cut. Hopefully someone understands what I'm trying to say and knows what may be causing this. I just started learning the program so I'm sure its some stupid rookie mistake but I'll learn.

Guest showitoff

doing the fit to media only widend the rectangle and changed the size of it to larger but I tried it and same problem still only cuts the three sides. It does recognize the size of the media, also on advice of a nother sign shop I changed that size to 13.5 and 14inches and tried it that way and still having the problem. Confused yet? lol

Look in cut/plot in the General Tab, make sure you tell in what the width of the media is.

It should have a pulldown tab to change it from the default to, "user defined".

OR you can poll the media after you load it, by clicking on the little question mark in the 'Material" square....

Good Luck... :dunno

Guest showitoff

Thank you TintJunkie and Shady... Tried all suggestions and still no luck. The guy I worked for for years uses signlab and was here today trying to help me but couldn't get used to flexi, lol so that didn't work either. I've tried moving the "picture" in different locations on the production manager and that still didn't change how that one side won't cut. I've moved the material to different spots on the plotter also and move the rollers (yes making sure on the rough parts) and still didn't help. I can only imagine this is gonna be something small but so far can't figure it out still

p.s. I'm gonna be looking for a tool belt soon Shady :beer

Thank you TintJunkie and Shady... Tried all suggestions and still no luck. The guy I worked for for years uses signlab and was here today trying to help me but couldn't get used to flexi, lol so that didn't work either. I've tried moving the "picture" in different locations on the production manager and that still didn't change how that one side won't cut. I've moved the material to different spots on the plotter also and move the rollers (yes making sure on the rough parts) and still didn't help. I can only imagine this is gonna be something small but so far can't figure it out still

p.s. I'm gonna be looking for a tool belt soon Shady :thumb

One more thing I can think of, go to 'panel' in the cut/plot window of production mgr., check to be sure the entire image is completely inside the panel, with no dotted lines crossing the image...

Hope that makes sense....

Just PM me whenever you're ready for an apron, I make them per order with a few different choices...:boogie

Archived