Getting Started?

Just looking for some advice on getting started tinting, I know its not a easy process but I would like to learn, reasons being

my roommate used to work as a car audio/video/command starts etc installer and now just quit a month or so ago and has started doing his work out of his garage, he has lots of young kids come in with audio and the likes and I would like to offer tinting while they are getting other stuff done on the car, he has no interest in learning tint as he has his hands full keeping up to date on the newest modules and starters and audio/video

just wondering

What tools are needed?where can I purchase?(GOOD TOOLS! I don't mind spending the money to get going)

Any courses in Saskatchewan Canada? or tips/tricks guides?

What films should u start with?( I think I will just buy small amounts now and maybe get setup with a supplier later?

Any other info?

I have a 2005 mustang as well as a 1998 Cavalier and a 1997 F-150 that are my personal vehicles and are going to be my "practice vehicles" before I take on any real customers! any tips?

and really just any other general information would be great!

Thanks.

Dustin

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest youngazntinter
Just looking for some advice on getting started tinting, I know its not a easy process but I would like to learn, reasons being

my roommate used to work as a car audio/video/command starts etc installer and now just quit a month or so ago and has started doing his work out of his garage, he has lots of young kids come in with audio and the likes and I would like to offer tinting while they are getting other stuff done on the car, he has no interest in learning tint as he has his hands full keeping up to date on the newest modules and starters and audio/video

just wondering

What tools are needed?where can I purchase?(GOOD TOOLS! I don't mind spending the money to get going)

Any courses in Saskatchewan Canada? or tips/tricks guides?

What films should u start with?( I think I will just buy small amounts now and maybe get setup with a supplier later?

Any other info?

I have a 2005 mustang as well as a 1998 Cavalier and a 1997 F-150 that are my personal vehicles and are going to be my "practice vehicles" before I take on any real customers! any tips?

and really just any other general information would be great!

Thanks.

Dustin

I've started by watching Youtube. yea youtube. took me nearly 7months to complete a back glass shrinking.....lol

then I came across this guy who used to teach at Johnson. so my suggestion will be, go pay for the tinting skool, im sure you can look up and find one near ur area or

make a trip. it will be all worth it at the end. and for the film wise,,,, there are so many...for me, I had a manufacture near where I lived so ive been using them. price, quality met my satisfaction.

this site will be your greatest friend as ur expirience build up. this is my 3rd year and I still ask questions. lol and for the tool wise,, I used to order from 44tools.com but I'm going to use zola. he's on here so find him.

goooood luck buddy.!

-Justin

Guest scottydosnntkno

buy every tool you can afford, sooner or later you'll use them all once, and then they'll go back on the shelf.

but for that 2 minutes, its the most important tool in the world :krazy

Conquistador

SKU: A202 $2.47

Gator Blade II

SKU: A222 $0.99

White Scotch-Brite(3)

SKU: B171W $3.57

1Qt Dirt-Off Concentrate

SKU: M1133 $7.40

1Qt Film-On Concentrate

SKU: M1135 $10.42

Olfa Pro Load 5 Blade A Knife

SKU: A1906P $7.20

Orange Fusion Blade 8"

SKU: B3704 $7.50

32oz. Spraymaster

SKU: A1307 $5.62

anything else recommended besides the film itself?

Archived