tip for gasket back windows

Guest GreenCove

Guest GreenCove
Well I've seen some nasty old gaskets the you might want to through in Luck/prayer along with aforementioned skill.

BTW has Catholic Church denoted an official Patron Saint of/for the tint installer?

I was saying that your way of pulling the glass is the best way to get the cleanest gap free job :lol I just prefer to not pull glass unless I dont have a choice :embar

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hear ya.

Cutting away little bits of gasket remains our dirty little secret.

Funny nobody has ever caught it an complained.

And in this market of price shopping, cutting away a little gasket is an efficient method.

Hey The ///Man

What do you think is the optimal rope size to use on rope ins? 1/4"?

I saw one tinter, who used a loop at the top center and also exited the rope ends at the bottom of the window/rubber gasket assembly.

Seemed to work but I think most glass installers just put the ends at the bottom.

Guest tintjam65
I excitedly await the day I learn to pull the glass! Just seems like truly a clean way of installing.

Just don't lay it flat to install :beer !

1/4" - 3/16" nylon rope, get a tip form a Dow Automotive urethane tube and cut the very tip off so the rope can slide through and tie a knot. then you can use the tip to put the rope in the gasket, burn the ends to keep from fraying. Also good to have a hook tool handy as sometimes not all ropes in.

DSC03890.jpg

Archived