So I was looking at a vinyl wrap tool section in a cataolge the other day. FYI, I cant spell for $hit, lol. Anyways, I noticed they were selling hard cards with felt on them. So, I made my own. Works great. I like to use it when I put the tint on the outside of the glass of the car that I am tinting. With the felt on the hard card you dont need to spray any slip solution on the film before you squeegee it on. With water on the film, sometimes it doesnt let the black sharpie make a real nice black line. Also, you can push real hard on a finger on the tint while installing it and it wont scratch it. Try it and tell me how you like it.

feltadded.jpg

Guest scottydosnntkno

I've had the same one of mine for years. The felt on it is melted in some spots, but still works :lol2

and ditto on wrapping all the way to the edge. It'll catch when you least expect it and fock up a back glass

Guest scottydosnntkno
I've done that before, but found out it still does scratch occasionally

I only use it for shrinking on the outside to push down the film after hitting it with the heatgun. I don't think you could get enough pressure behind it to stick the film on a PS auto film.

Guest Scottsfire

For what its worth it was news to me. Have to check that out further. Thanks

Just when I thought I'd read everything on the site.

SV

I think in this industry you can always learn. If you think you know it all, you will fall down by the way side. The people that are willing to learn will always stay in front of the power curve. I have been tinting since 1984 and love to learn new things and explore new ideas in reguards to tinting windows. This site is the perfect place for ideas to be shared and new things to be shared. Just my 2 cents.

Archived