2010 Mazda3 Hatchback

Guest Apocalypse

Keep your liner for a pattern after you do that first one.... :lol2

:rock I used to , now I just keep the top 3-4" portion that is hidden under the spoiler , kinda like a mini sunstrip template :lol2

Guest tintpro2007
How do you hand cut the top? I was thinking of just shrinking it then trimming it from the inside. :lol

That's what I do, just kind of shrink it with some extra film on top, install on the inside and trim off the excess

:thumb that's what I do

Hey guys i attempted 1 the other day well i didnt even lay a piece of film i tried taking the spoiler off , took 4 10mm nuts off , dropped 1 in the gate which i can't get out , but i couldnt get it off cause of plastic clips it felt like the whole car was moving up when trying to remove it so i stopped before something either broke or gave way and scratched paint.

any tips on removing the wing ? its the only way il be able to do this car theres no way the film can get up under this wing to shrink the top let alone cutting it (i know i can cut along top demister line on outside and shift it up but it won't shrink up there) , maybe the australian model is different or maybe im just being a pussy.

Guest maddtinter
Hey guys i attempted 1 the other day well i didnt even lay a piece of film i tried taking the spoiler off , took 4 10mm nuts off , dropped 1 in the gate which i can't get out , but i couldnt get it off cause of plastic clips it felt like the whole car was moving up when trying to remove it so i stopped before something either broke or gave way and scratched paint.

any tips on removing the wing ? its the only way il be able to do this car theres no way the film can get up under this wing to shrink the top let alone cutting it (i know i can cut along top demister line on outside and shift it up but it won't shrink up there) , maybe the australian model is different or maybe im just being a pussy.

your are being a pussy.shrink,install cut the excess off on the inside.

Guest maxwax

Mazda 3 hatch cars are easy, pull out the top of the door panels, over cut all the doors 1/8 "on the sides, snap the film before installing. cake work!

as for the hatch cut the film 26"x46" notch the 2 top corners so it will slide flush under the spoiler and shrink it! A WORD TO THE WISE for a super clean install I recommend removing all the trim panels on the hatch so you can clean all the way to the edge of the glass, it is a trap for grit and too much water can rinse grit out from the edge and contaminate the rear glass.

Archived