R8 V10 and Nano vs Suburban

First one of these I've done. Beautiful car and the first one I've seen in this color. Nano and Xpel patterns made this less than a 2hr install for everything plus the rockers.

dsc0001ghl.jpg

dsc0003hh.jpg

dsc0004i.jpg

And here's what happens when some dumb **** in a Suburban decides she's going to drive through you because she's late for a Dr.'s appointment. Happened right before I did the install on the Audi, actually right outside his house! I'm extremely pissed off about it but at the worst case scenario I've got a Spec Focus race car. I've already found a wrecked SVT that was hit on the opposite side at a salvage yard I'm going to buy so I'll wind up with a parts car as well. Luckily I can do body work and most of it is cosmetic. Regardless, the Nano held up to a 6000lb yuppie war wagon! My shoulder is sore as hell but other than that I'm fine.

dsc0006kv.jpg

dsc0005ks.jpg

The R8 is such a hot car. Good job on the clean install. Sucks about your car, I just recently had my A4 totalled by a 90 y/o lady who should not have been driving.

Was a seam needed with Nano/Hood?. I never saw a 60'' install on that car.

Just a 24in hood. You can barely make out the edge on the side shot. I've got a 7 series that the guy wants the entire front end done so I'm hoping we get 60in shortly or else I'm going to have to substitute it with something else.

The real wrench in the machine is I don't even know who hit me! She took off while I was in the ambulance, then when I walked back to my car, both cops drove off! I called the station and it's going to be 5 days before I can even get an accident report and find out her insurance company. I could have the car all fixed and prepped for paint by then myself.

Archived