"Blackest" Non-Metalized Film

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest scottydosnntkno
EWF True Black.

:boogie

TB, as the name implies, is THE closest film I've found, and I've tried a lot.

Most sticking with the "premier" NR films from the big companies, heres my take:

SolarGard Supreme- way brown from the inside

Global QDP- 2nd place, but has slight brown/green hues

SunGard Black Lava- wayyyyyyyy blue/purple from the inside

SunTek Standard Pro/Carbon- not bad, but have a greenish/brown hue

Lulu ATR/ATC- you already have experience with these

Johnsons Marathon/Greystone- blueish/green hues

TB is the closest film I have found out of all of them. Looking out, all you see is grey, just like factory tinted windows. From the outside, it just looks black, with no other charcoal color to it like most HP films have.

Any experience with 3M CS? And whats your opinion on ATC?

Only use a sample of CS35 I think, so it wasnt dark enough to see the true color.

EWF True Black.

:boogie

TB, as the name implies, is THE closest film I've found, and I've tried a lot.

Most sticking with the "premier" NR films from the big companies, heres my take:

SolarGard Supreme- way brown from the inside

Global QDP- 2nd place, but has slight brown/green hues

SunGard Black Lava- wayyyyyyyy blue/purple from the inside

SunTek Standard Pro/Carbon- not bad, but have a greenish/brown hue

Lulu ATR/ATC- you already have experience with these

Johnsons Marathon/Greystone- blueish/green hues

TB is the closest film I have found out of all of them. Looking out, all you see is grey, just like factory tinted windows. From the outside, it just looks black, with no other charcoal color to it like most HP films have.

Any experience with 3M CS? And whats your opinion on ATC?

Only use a sample of CS35 I think, so it wasnt dark enough to see the true color.

I will be using 30-35% so this is pertinent. I don't want it too dark but I want it black with now color hues. The film will be going on an orange Porsche GT3 RS.

Guest Mo Evo

I don't think you'll find a 35% film that 'looks' black. The problem is the light color of the 35%, and that light color will tend to pick up what's in the factory glass, which may make it slightly greenish. Now if you went to a darker shade, say a True Black 20%, there's where you'll find your 'black' look. FYI, Madico's Charcool is decidedly green.

ATC is pretty neutral. CS in 35% is going to show a little color. Like Monique said, that light of a film is going to be hard to get the look you seem to want. Does it matter if it is a cheap film? Maybe Black Lava?

Guest tintjam65

At this point of attempting a visual decision over the interbet, I'm really :thumb beginning to feel for the tinter who will do the job. :lol

Guest scottydosnntkno
I don't think you'll find a 35% film that 'looks' black. The problem is the light color of the 35%, and that light color will tend to pick up what's in the factory glass, which may make it slightly greenish. Now if you went to a darker shade, say a True Black 20%, there's where you'll find your 'black' look. FYI, Madico's Charcool is decidedly green.

:thumb

35% is going to look like 35% from anyone else for the most part, its not dark enough to get the color out of it.

Its not until you get into 20/15/5% that you will start to notice the different "blacks" among the films.

ATC is pretty neutral. CS in 35% is going to show a little color. Like Monique said, that light of a film is going to be hard to get the look you seem to want. Does it matter if it is a cheap film? Maybe Black Lava?

black lavas not a cheap film :lol

Archived