"Blackest" Non-Metalized Film

Guest SIR TINTSALOT

3M CS is really black, I carry that film and Johnson Marathon also.

The Marathon 30% is a nice looking film. Call them they will send you a sample roll.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think you'll find a 35% film that 'looks' black. The problem is the light color of the 35%, and that light color will tend to pick up what's in the factory glass, which may make it slightly greenish. Now if you went to a darker shade, say a True Black 20%, there's where you'll find your 'black' look. FYI, Madico's Charcool is decidedly green.

:thumb

You hit it on the head! CharCool does have a green hue to it, but definately looks black on the outside.

Im not sure the obsession with a film that looks black looking out, when most all dyed films (color stable) look black from the outside.

Suntek HP does NOT look black(in a 35%VLT)! It has a blue hue to it, and looks reflective from the outside. Not to mention it will last 2 years at best in our climate. Quite an aweful film IMO. The darker VLT HP film does look black from the outside, but Id stay away from it.

This is kind of an example of what I want. This scuderia has light tint somewhere in the 35% range I think but it is very neutral. It doesn't look green or grey to me it just looks like a light shade of black.

4968910_5.jpg

looks like maddy cool to me... .Factory glass on all high end cars is green from the go...My new favorite is Galax 35%.

Archived