"Blackest" Non-Metalized Film

When I say blackest I am referring to color strictly, not the actual light transmission. I want a black film that has not hint of green, blue, or grey. I just want it as close to black as possible. In this case I want to use ~35%. I had a car with Llumar ATR CH and it looked green. I tried Solar Gard HP and it just looked very reflective. So I really want a non metalized film on my car now. These are the films I have been trying to decide between so far:

Solar Gard Ch NR

Solar Gard Galaxie

3M Color Stable

Madico Charcool

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Global would be my suggestion. I use the HP and it is very Black even with the metal in it. Matches nicely with factory tinted glass. I am sure the QDP would be even closer...

3M CS is about the blackest IMO, Galaxie is pretty darn black too.

Regardless, go with a good film with a color stable warranty or your obsession with a black film could result in a purple film in a few months/years.

Go visit reputable shops and see in person, as you are about to find out a lot of eyes think a lot of films look the "blackest"

Guest Sunlimited
When I say blackest I am referring to color strictly, not the actual light transmission. I want a black film that has not hint of green, blue, or grey. I just want it as close to black as possible. In this case I want to use ~35%. I had a car with Llumar ATR CH and it looked green. I tried Solar Gard HP and it just looked very reflective. So I really want a non metalized film on my car now. These are the films I have been trying to decide between so far:

Solar Gard Ch NR

Solar Gard Galaxie

3M Color Stable

Madico Charcool

Huge fan of Charcool, but it's definetly not black... :lol

Guest tintjam65

Solar Gard Ch NR

Solar Gard Galaxie

3M Color Stable

Madico Charcool

LLumar's CTX 05

Global would be my suggestion. I use the HP and it is very Black even with the metal in it. Matches nicely with factory tinted glass. I am sure the QDP would be even closer...

I used global hp for awhile and now im using sunteks hp. IMO the suntek has much more of a black tone, the global is a smokey grey. My brother had global hp on his car and he retinted it with suntek hp, except the back glass. You can easily see the difference in the global on the rear to the suntek on the sides.

Guest scottydosnntkno
EWF True Black.

:twocents

TB, as the name implies, is THE closest film I've found, and I've tried a lot.

Most sticking with the "premier" NR films from the big companies, heres my take:

SolarGard Supreme- way brown from the inside

Global QDP- 2nd place, but has slight brown/green hues

SunGard Black Lava- wayyyyyyyy blue/purple from the inside

SunTek Standard Pro/Carbon- not bad, but have a greenish/brown hue

Lulu ATR/ATC- you already have experience with these

Johnsons Marathon/Greystone- blueish/green hues

TB is the closest film I have found out of all of them. Looking out, all you see is grey, just like factory tinted windows. From the outside, it just looks black, with no other charcoal color to it like most HP films have.

EWF True Black.

:boogie

TB, as the name implies, is THE closest film I've found, and I've tried a lot.

Most sticking with the "premier" NR films from the big companies, heres my take:

SolarGard Supreme- way brown from the inside

Global QDP- 2nd place, but has slight brown/green hues

SunGard Black Lava- wayyyyyyyy blue/purple from the inside

SunTek Standard Pro/Carbon- not bad, but have a greenish/brown hue

Lulu ATR/ATC- you already have experience with these

Johnsons Marathon/Greystone- blueish/green hues

TB is the closest film I have found out of all of them. Looking out, all you see is grey, just like factory tinted windows. From the outside, it just looks black, with no other charcoal color to it like most HP films have.

Any experience with 3M CS? And whats your opinion on ATC?

Archived