Still an effin' rookie

Guest TintChattanooga

Watched my dad stick a black squeege into dry wall once right in front of a custy!!!!! :music Since then I decided to not do that EVER!!!! sometimes it happens the longer you tint the days like that become few and far between. plus you picked a hell of a car to have a bad day on thus making it that much worse.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest TinterFantic
Got my ass handed to me by a 1993 Mitsu 3000gt, Could not get the film to finish shrinking on the back glass, ran out of shrinkable area...then crease city...some days I feel like im just starting again, or want to throw the tint towel in and not have to worry about it.

I would just avoid some of more difficult vehicles, its not worth the headache when you can wait for an easy, recent model car that easy. As I gain more experience, im taking on cars that I avoided in the past. Lately ive turned down 2 1997 cutlass supremes and 3 saturns that had that curvy as back glass. I know passing on vehicles is money lost, but the majority of the cars on my "Do not tint list", I never get calls on.

Those saturns aren't bad. The cutlass supreme however, I'll be glad when the last of those makes it to the junk yard.

How do you tell someone you won't tint there car

say it will cost $500 and hope they say no

Or just flat out say those cars don't go good with tint :music

Guest TinterFantic
Got my ass handed to me by a 1993 Mitsu 3000gt, Could not get the film to finish shrinking on the back glass, ran out of shrinkable area...then crease city...some days I feel like im just starting again, or want to throw the tint towel in and not have to worry about it.

One would think and I'm NO expert :music

Being such a Big rear glass it would be easy as cake

Guest TintChattanooga

I always price Them high and explain to them y it is that way. And if they say well the guys down the road can do it for cheaper I say take it to them and in 5 months when its purple and bubbled with a 9 piece rear window come back double the price and we are more than happy to do business. :beer

you make more tinting a 5 honda civics then one bug or 3000gt or taurus simply cause they take more time so let the next shop have the headache.

Guest Putting In Work

Man I'm just starting out and I'm doing my first car... mine actually, and it's kicking my behind.

It's an 04 Maxima by the way.

Tinting is a lot harder than I thought it was going to be... I wanted to quit, but I'm not going to.

I'm probably going to run out of film and that's going to hurt me because it was so expensive to get in the first place, and it's going to cost me an arm and a leg to get more of it again.

I've been dealing with vinyl and decals for the past 4 years because of my job, but I want to learn how to tint and become good at it.

I must say that my hat goes off to you guys that do this profession because it isn't easy... well for me at least.

I'm not going to quit though I'm going to hang in there until... I don't know, but I tried twice to do my car and failed miserably.

Archived