WARNING 2010 gti golf hatchback

It was the first 2010 VW golf gti 4 door hatchback I ever did. I cut the quarter windows alittle too big so I decided to trim the rubbers. BIG FREAKING MISTAKE. The dot matrix paint they use on the windows is very thin and I scratched the paint off the windows. The window was not scratched but the paint came off in a line all around the window. List price for each window was $99 bucks I'll find out the wholesale price tomorrow. Too top it off there is a very small scratch on the other quarter glass matrix.. I'm now replacing two quarter windows on a brand spanking new car. This is the first time in 5 years I've been tinting that I did damage to a car I had to pay for. BEWARE don't make the same mistake I did. I'm going to give my customer a free tint job and replace her two windows all out of my pocket.

so what you are saying is that you can remove the dots easily from the window without damaging the window????? If that is the case why not mention to the owner that you can do this all the way around and the install will look cleaner???? that would save you from replacing windows and give the Custy a nicer install.

so what you are saying is that you can remove the dots easily from the window without damaging the window????? If that is the case why not mention to the owner that you can do this all the way around and the install will look cleaner???? that would save you from replacing windows and give the Custy a nicer install.

I think he means he put a nasty scratch in the frit band. Tough rather than buying new windows you may be able to paint it with a glass primer and it not be noticeable from even a few inches away. I have to do this sometimes with new windshields that have part of the frit scratched.

dont know if u.s models different from Uk but you dont need to trim as black edge after dots not much but enough to save trimming rubber, I only know this as did a 2010 golf 5 door yesterday, The golf mk 5 I know its either remove or trim real tight,,, the only car I ever happened to catch like you said is a older seat Ibiza rear quarter & I noticed right away & got away with opaquing a coulple of mil, custy never saw it, Unlucky there MAS, feel for you, but like I said you sure you had to trim them rubbers ???

I didn't need to trim the rubbers but it was the last car of the day and seriously I didn't know what I was thinking. If you cut the pattern real tight you don't need to trim the rubber. I called the dealer and they're special ordering it from Germany and will be here Thursday. $77 bucks each window. Do not cut from the inside on those quarter glass period. The customer was very happy with the news and how I'm handling the situation that she is going to refer her parents car to me next week. To pulsar2000 I did try to paint it but the opaquer pen is black and the matrix is dark gray you could still see it if your within 3 feet. I just had to be honest with my customer and make things right.

It was the first 2010 VW golf gti 4 door hatchback I ever did. I cut the quarter windows alittle too big so I decided to trim the rubbers. BIG FREAKING MISTAKE. The dot matrix paint they use on the windows is very thin and I scratched the paint off the windows. The window was not scratched but the paint came off in a line all around the window. List price for each window was $99 bucks I'll find out the wholesale price tomorrow. Too top it off there is a very small scratch on the other quarter glass matrix.. I'm now replacing two quarter windows on a brand spanking new car. This is the first time in 5 years I've been tinting that I did damage to a car I had to pay for. BEWARE don't make the same mistake I did. I'm going to give my customer a free tint job and replace her two windows all out of my pocket.

are you the dude installing clearshield for $199 down in san jose? :nope

are you the dude installing clearshield for $199 down in san jose? :drunk

No

Sorry Tint that's not me. Is that a PPF. if so I have an idea of who that is. Lifetime tint? :)