WARNING 2010 gti golf hatchback

I didn't need to trim the rubbers but it was the last car of the day and seriously I didn't know what I was thinking. If you cut the pattern real tight you don't need to trim the rubber. I called the dealer and they're special ordering it from Germany and will be here Thursday. $77 bucks each window. Do not cut from the inside on those quarter glass period. The customer was very happy with the news and how I'm handling the situation that she is going to refer her parents car to me next week. To pulsar2000 I did try to paint it but the opaquer pen is black and the matrix is dark gray you could still see it if your within 3 feet. I just had to be honest with my customer and make things right.

thats the way to be....

Guest Darknesswithin
I just had to be honest with my customer and make things right.

:beer good job!

any chance you have pics of this? thanks for the tip :lol2

Yeah ,there the same as uk, it does help trim the quarters a bit, the black part is really soft, there's a thread on the European section on this, last week a thread came up for the skoda Octavia, basically the same car, same factory ect... I mentioned the glass was crap, nightmare these models from the vag group.

I appreciate this information, as I am a MK6 GTI owner is going through this problem. I have a scratch in the black part leading to the dots about 3/4 around the glass. The shop was honest about it and sorry it happened. They are taking care of me and have a solid reputation in my area. In any regard, I am working with my VW dealer to coordinate a new quarter window installation. It is my understanding that seals must be removed as does the door panel, etc. The glass from VW comes with 4 screws and the adhesive I believe, so I am glad to know placement should be precise. My worry is the removal of door panels, gaskets, seals, clips and snap on/off parts. Can you please speak to the quality and process of the window replacement you experienced? Did things go smoothly and how difficult is replacing the quarter window? I have the four door version. Thank you much,

dude, its a vw which aint nothing special buddy. comes apart like the rest of the auto world. you doin the work yourself or something? youre worst idea was getting a dealership involved shouldve just found a good glass shop and let them handle it dealerships are the ones that tend to break %&$# when trying to fix stuff

Gospeed3, I hear you and am trying to relax about it, but I didn't think the tint job would bring me to this point either - I don't even have 5k on the car yet, so I don't want to make the problem worse and end up with a leak and or pry marks, loose gaskets and rattling door panel/parts, etc. I got the dealer involved because they will provide a warranty on the work. They are bringing in an autoglass company to do the install of OEM glass ordered from the dealer. This way, the glass installer can speak/consult with VW technicians if any questions or concerns come up - as you may know the German's are famous for making things a bit wacky and tough to work with sometimes. I'll try to provide an update when the work is done and if anyone can share their experience around this situation I'd appreciate it.

Didn't see it mentioned anywhere, I've worked with a guy that said he has had 2 VWs scratch during normal outside cut out, meaning soft glass to begin with.

Just a kind warning to all-Keep your Olfa sharp and don't press too hard, especially on VW.