I need a cutter recommendation

Guest WindowMan

Guest WindowMan

I have a window cleaning co. and want to buy a really low end machine to cut signage for my truck, some signs to put on telephone poles, make about 500 decals and even make some "Store Closing" or "Sale" signs for my current retail store customers. I have a low price point that I have to hit. I looked at these:

http://www.uscutter.com/USCutter-MH-series...tter-_p_25.html

and

http://www.screenprintingsupplies.com/Seiki_SK-720T.htm

I also am considering used machines but don't really know what to look for.

The question is, Am I getting in over my head? Is the learning curve steep? Is there expensive software I have to buy in addition to this? Or is there open source software like Inkscape that I can use to design the vector graphics? What else do I need?

Guest scottydosnntkno

I've had my MH for about 2 years now with zero issues really. the static problems and USB problems you can find ways around by searching online, so it works just fine.

Its not nearly as fast or extremely precise on the small stuff, but for normal logos/fonts/graphics it works just fine.

The question is, Am I getting in over my head? Is the learning curve steep? Is there expensive software I have to buy in addition to this? Or is there open source software like Inkscape that I can use to design the vector graphics? What else do I need?

No your not. I think your expanding your biz and revenue. There is not much of a learning curve. you just have to understand how the cutter works and learn what ever software. All very easy things to do. I use corel and flexi to make and cut vectores. You need a decent computer with 2gigs, Need a 24" cutter with a stand, some software, and material to cut. If your buying a used machine, make sure your getting a blade holder, new blades and that the cut strip is new or comes with.

Archived