Newbie Finished Car...With Issues

Yes I plan on it. Like I said I have done a handful of cars. I do GREAT until the very bottom of the window on doors and I usually get 1 finger and less than 5-10 bubbles by the next day so I think I need a better squeegee and to figure out a way to get the tint behind the rubber easier.

I am about to do the back window on the cts, its already shrinked just need to apply it. I will try and post some pics later. Or maybe I should quite and support my local tint shop.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sunlimited
Now in regards to the back glass, the rear deck definitely has to come out so it shouldn't be a difficult rear window to learn on since there is not much curvature.

However up at the top where the black dot matrix is, how do you guys recommend dealing with this. My friend and I discussed this last night and think the best way to go would be cover the dots with black vinyl. Now if we do this, do we tint the window up to the matrix and THEN place the vinyl?

If you pop the baby seat fastener contraption and just pull it a little you will not need to remove the decklid....

Guest GottaWearShades

Use less slip agent, or more agressive water extraction. It's common for newbies to use too much slip solution to be able to handle the film longer than required. Less slip means more positive contact film to glass.

You should always use the absolute minimum slip possible for conditions like humidity, temperature, and speed of installation. That's a call you can only make with experience.

Archived