Newbie Finished Car...With Issues

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest shadowline

You seem to be asking loads of questions on the same car in various threads here, you sure your ready to be tinting other peoples cars, cos you really dont seem to know what your doing??

Friend....I can't find my camera cord to post pictures but the windows are GREAT until the very bottom edge. Either I am cutting off the bottom to be too long because when I get to the window gasket on the bottom, I am having one hell of a time getting the tint in there, which has led to these fingers because I heatshrinked it perfect. I am however redoing one window as we speak because there is a small crease but how can I more easily get the tint down into the gasket? This is really my only issue I am having. I know there are special tools which I will get, but I cannot get the special tools locally so since this gasket seems to be pretty darn tight, what do you recommend?

Guest walestint

work it out for yourself, like most of us have had to

there is a search button on here with all the info you need

sounds to me you are not even close to getting in right - do some research yourself

Should I roll over the bottom half of the tint inward against the glass and slide it between the gasket, its pretty tight so I am not sure that will work or not?

Do you plan on tinting full time? If not, I would strip it clean and support your local tint shop and let them take car of it. Its not worth wasting film(money), time and your sanity for anything less than a quality, professional install.

Archived