2011 Impala

tint-factory clearbra

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GreenCove

yea they def suck donkey....dont really make sense, the 2010 design seemed fine to me....maybe they figured the car is pretty easy to tint so we are gonna plant some big azz headrest to piss the tinter off....whats worse than that is the headrest in the new F250 XL model ext.cabs , they suck full grown donkey!

For some reason, I find this hilarious. Maybe its because I cursed these headrests every time an impala would come in. Somebody at GM hates tinters...all there is to it.

I think I've done 2 of those since that body style came out. Not much work on domestics here in CA...all imports mostly, except for a smattering of new Taurus's. But those sure are some BIG AZZ headrests. Have fun!

GM (Holden) were doing those huge headrests here in the 80s in the top-line Commodore family cars.

At least you could remove them though (it took a lot of patience to find the circlip & pop it out - modt people broke the retainers out of frustration).

They saw the light with the release of the new shape in '88 and reduced the size of them. This has continued to this day (and the most recent 4th generation Commodore also became the Pontiac G8).

With these '80s Commodores only having 2 in the back, vision was never an issue, as you could see through the middle of them without a problem. Having 3 huge ones in the back is just ridiculous. Making them fixed is even more stupid!

Here's a pic of a 1982 GM-Holden Commodore SL/E with the factory headrests:

car2.jpg

Archived