2011 Impala

tint-factory clearbra

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a little extra time this AM so I decided to see what was involved in removing the back seat. Ill say one thing for sure, GM does not make anything that is hard to take apart. 2 pull tabs on the seat bottom and that removes. Once thats out of the way, there are 2 10mm nuts. Un-do those and lift seat back up and out. Viola! All the room youll ever need! :rimshot

Guest Darknesswithin
time to learn how to remove seat like we did in the old days.

Oh man, I really don't wanna go back to that. If you roll it you can work around these. :thumb

I did see an 08 Impala the other day and the headrest are most definitely bigger on the 2011.

:money not gonna go back to those days

Guest GreenCove

the way i have been doing them....

slide both front seats all the way foward ( to give you some extra room )

spray the rear headrest with some water to keep the fibers down

put a towel or a chamois down on the hump in between the rear floor boards( so you dont stain the light azz carpet when you plant your foot there )

when you set the film push it all the way to the bottom before trying to put the top in place ( keeps from it touching the headrest )

squeg the shiz out of it

setting the bottom first is the biggest thing that helped me on these to keep the small headrest hairs out of the film

Guest tint325i

for example, i have an e39 5 series, to remove the seat back - 2x 8mm bolts hidden at each bottom corner, remove headrests and lift out, i have removed a few seat backs in my time, its not usually that hard

how hard can it be to take that seat back out?

:hmmm

I had a little extra time this AM so I decided to see what was involved in removing the back seat. Ill say one thing for sure, GM does not make anything that is hard to take apart. 2 pull tabs on the seat bottom and that removes. Once thats out of the way, there are 2 10mm nuts. Un-do those and lift seat back up and out. Viola! All the room youll ever need! :D

about that hard. :dunno

Archived