Hey everyone need alittle help?

Guest Yakumo2897

Guest thetintshop

you just up and decide you want to start tinting cars? unless you're a jedi and are strong with the force, you need an education before jumping into it. first thing is, you need to be a shop boy and earn $5.00 an hour. and gradually work your way into it. then after a couple years of that, then you might get to tint a few simple things, then work your way up to the cars. this is not an easy profession to get into AND be good at. I tinted for 11 years before I opened my own shop. those that open thier own shops with little or no training are soon looking for work. I wish I could help you, but you're about to get in over your head.

:lol tintshop you are so damn right esp about bieng a shop boy for a while. its funny people think they can just say ok im going to be a tinter what a mistake it is I was a cleaner for 2 years. of course I tinted my friends cars after work. but I only did them as a learning experience. and when I made my mistakes I asked the guy I worked for what went wrong. told him how I did it and what ahppened . then hed tell me what my mistake was. but as a cleaner I learned more than just how to clean glass. I learned the ins and outs of the busness. so that when I started to tint it wouldbe no bug suprise to me. such as how long does this car atake . and how long does that take . and so many other things. where if I would have tried to learn to tint to fast. I would have been completley overwhelmed.I took my learning experience in a stride and asked every question under the sun. liek why did you do this that way. when on that you did it that way.and thats how I learned so if you think tintshop is just bieng an :ahole .your dead wrong he is just bieng completley honest

Guest Sprinter

tintchick what the going rate in cali for a shop helper?

I had a guy call me yesterday asking for a job and I asked him if he had any experiance and he said no he just wanted to tint cars.............

my son and I were tinting a school bus yesterday 62 windows and he was the shop boy, scraping all windows and cleaning them with a scrubbie, and then once we had 10 windows done he took over as the squegee person until the last two were left, he complained about his wrist hurting 3/4 the way done. he did a great job considering a 88 bus with 81,000 on the od and layers of dirt on the glass. he saved me about 3 hours from the last bus I did.. I was stoaked then ran out and did a truck strip and retint on the rear 3 what a day............

Archived