What should I do?

Guest tintjam65
Sucks, these lessons we must learn on our journey to become a Roads Scholar.

Definitions of Rhodes scholar on the Web:

* a student who holds one of the scholarships endowed by the will of Cecil J. Rhodes that enables the student to study at Oxford University

wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

* The Rhodes Scholarship, named after Cecil Rhodes, is an international postgraduate award for study at the University of Oxford, and was the first large-scale programme of international scholarships. ...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodes_scholar

Roads Scholar = school of hard knocks. As stated by Willie Nelson. :thumb:lol

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I stretched my ear lobes when I was 19 because I thought it was cool.

:lol

Sucks, these lessons we must learn on our journey to become a Roads Scholar.

bit of heat they may shrink back :thumb

:lol2 I wish. I think it's around 2 grand to have plastic surgery to have them repaired but of course insurance doesn't cover that so I have to have it upfront

Don't sweat the plugs. Your personality and knowledge will let most customers see past it. I did a house for a little old lady once, she was so happy she referred me to a friend saying " he's a little different looking but he's really sweet" LOL Being well spoken and kicking out great work will go a long way. Best of luck. :thumb

Don't sweat the plugs. Your personality and knowledge will let most customers see past it. I did a house for a little old lady once, she was so happy she referred me to a friend saying " he's a little different looking but he's really sweet" LOL Being well spoken and kicking out great work will go a long way. Best of luck. :thumb

Thank you. I'm not too worried about the plugs once I start tinting but at my current job I feel thats why they don't take me seriously. I just really want to start tinting full time its just a tough decision now that I have a daughter

Don't sweat the plugs. Your personality and knowledge will let most customers see past it. I did a house for a little old lady once, she was so happy she referred me to a friend saying " he's a little different looking but he's really sweet" LOL Being well spoken and kicking out great work will go a long way. Best of luck. :beer

Thank you. I'm not too worried about the plugs once I start tinting but at my current job I feel thats why they don't take me seriously. I just really want to start tinting full time its just a tough decision now that I have a daughter

So do they have another tinter where you work now or just not a lot of work? More work in OKC or Tulsa :thumb I had a shop in downtown Tulsa for over 18 years, miss it sometimes.

You say you have decent insurance where you are now, as has been said, crummy insurance is better than no insurance.

And, having a Child adds to the equation, as insurance is concerned.

You will have to sit back and look at the entire situation, see if there might be a way to make things better, ad maybe look for other work that has insurance on your off days.

You say you have decent insurance where you are now, as has been said, crummy insurance is better than no insurance.

And, having a Child adds to the equation, as insurance is concerned.

You will have to sit back and look at the entire situation, see if there might be a way to make things better, ad maybe look for other work that has insurance on your off days.

:bingo

Guest thatsnappyguy

i would advertise tinting at dads shop and do it by appointment on your days off...once the word gets around and theres more and more ppl inquiring, and you cant take it all on just 2 days a week...then its time to jump in. theres a chance that your current employer may have a problem with it...well what you do on your days off is your business, literally. if he kicks you off the team, sometimes thats the best reality check one can get to force things to work out.

i would advertise tinting at dads shop and do it by appointment on your days off...once the word gets around and theres more and more ppl inquiring, and you cant take it all on just 2 days a week...then its time to jump in. theres a chance that your current employer may have a problem with it...well what you do on your days off is your business, literally. if he kicks you off the team, sometimes thats the best reality check one can get to force things to work out.

That sounds like the route I'm gonna take. I hung my banner up today at the shop so hopefully it picks up fast because I struggle every morning to get out of bed to go that hell hole :poke

Archived