What should I do?

And if the current employer has a problem offer him a no-compete clause for improved working conditions.

Employers do not like unions and collective bargaining agreements so naturally he will jump for joy at the opportunity to negotiate on a level playing field, one-on-one (with him holding all the cards of course). :blink:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont want to be the downer,

but sounds to me like youre crying. 2 years? thats it? gotta pay dues man suck it up. i hope u get benefits right? if you do i wouldnt even think about working for your dad until you can afford it. insurance aint cheap. u have a child, priority is her. dont get it twisted.

but if i were you id work my butt off at both places, current job and promoting tint at your dads shop. if you get to the point where its hard to do all the shops cars in 2 days reanalyze your situation including your lost benefits by working for yourself. until then tighten your belt and prove yourself. you wont be handed anything in life, yo have to go get it.

Well I think crying is a little much don't ya think? No ones crying. I'm simply asking for an opinion, not a smart ass remark. I understand I have to pay my dues but you're what 4 years older than I am? So in 4 more years will I have my dues paid? Obviously if I were getting the respect I deserved at my current job this wouldn't be an issue. No need for trolling in here bud. Maybe you haven't noticed everyone else gave me their professional opinion. You on the other hand don't seem very professional to me. Not trying to sound more like a cry baby to you but I really don't care to see you fluff your ego on the internet.

the advice he gave may have seemed a lil harsh , but he was rite on ! think about what he said and notice he's been tinting since he was 15 ...

I totally agree with the advice he gave me, but maybe it should have been worded differently. I just didn't know why he would say I was crying about it. Well thanks for the advice and sorry I blew up. Just not having a good night. Thanks for the responses everyone

i dont want to be the downer,

but sounds to me like youre crying. 2 years? thats it? gotta pay dues man suck it up. i hope u get benefits right? if you do i wouldnt even think about working for your dad until you can afford it. insurance aint cheap. u have a child, priority is her. dont get it twisted.

but if i were you id work my butt off at both places, current job and promoting tint at your dads shop. if you get to the point where its hard to do all the shops cars in 2 days reanalyze your situation including your lost benefits by working for yourself. until then tighten your belt and prove yourself. you wont be handed anything in life, yo have to go get it.

Well I think crying is a little much don't ya think? No ones crying. I'm simply asking for an opinion, not a smart ass remark. I understand I have to pay my dues but you're what 4 years older than I am? So in 4 more years will I have my dues paid? Obviously if I were getting the respect I deserved at my current job this wouldn't be an issue. No need for trolling in here bud. Maybe you haven't noticed everyone else gave me their professional opinion. You on the other hand don't seem very professional to me. Not trying to sound more like a cry baby to you but I really don't care to see you fluff your ego on the internet.

Sometimes the best advice is the hardest to listen to :boogie

Well I'm at a point with my current job where I just can't take it much longer. I've been here for over 2 years, I'm the only one that does what I do here and yet I'm talked down to because I'm a young kid who looks like a punk to be honest :lol2 I'm a nice kid and get along with everyone but I get no respect at my job. I'm off wednesdays and thursdays and work every weekend. I've been into tinting for 2-3 years now just never devoted my time fully. Since being on this forum and having tinted 20-30 vehicles(I know its not alot) I'm not a complete noob but am not 100% satisfied in my knowledge of the business. I have decent insurance at my current job but it's not that great. I have a 10 month old daughter and want to make sure she has insurance. I'm considering leaving my job to start tinting out of my dads car audio shop full time. What would you guys suggest? Yes I would love to be trained properly but as I've said in previous posts, no one around here is willing so I'm thinking about just going for it, sink or swim. What would you do?

Sorry for the vent and the long post

if you can do something else besides tinting. then do so. :dunno

Archived