Still getting tiny fingers

I am using a glove to lay down the tint as I shrink but when I go inside and squeegee, I usually start in the very center making a horizontal line across, and then tint side to side as low down the glass as I can go and then use my bulldozer.

Is it possible I have too much soap on the glass and it is sticking to that too much and laying flatter than it is?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am using a glove to lay down the tint as I shrink but when I go inside and squeegee, I usually start in the very center making a horizontal line across, and then tint side to side as low down the glass as I can go and then use my bulldozer.

Is it possible I have too much soap on the glass and it is sticking to that too much and laying flatter than it is?

Try and get a free sample of madico or llumar, maybe even carbon or qdp and see if you have similar issues. I have used a ton of marathon and it's really easy to work with but wouldn't hurt to try something to rule out film issues. One last suggesting, how much film are you leaving on the car when you are shringing it? Are you cutting to fit then shrinking?

In regards to side windows on the 04 Grand Prix I did, after the film was on for about 30 minutes, I would get small fingers coming up from the seal area and I would apply small amount of heat to get them to squiggle and then squeegee out below the gasket, but it then they would pop up again. Is there a way to prevent that? Am I leaving the film too long under the gasket and then not getting enough water pushed out the bottom?

Take it to a pro?

:lol2

These are the only 2 cars I have had these issues with. However I guess I could just tint side windows and then contract out BG?

Guest sbankard

After you install and still get small fingers inside, just take a blow dryer inside and let it dry the film. Just dont use a heat gun for obvious reasons. Your slip solution finds its way around the fret edge and will cause small fingers where ever the fret edge is irregular. You have to get rid of the moister before the film will tac in place. A blow drier wont cause the problems a heat gun will.

Archived