A trailor with a ton of rivets or screws!

I've been getting into wrapping vehicles and doing pretty good so far but i had a trailor that we just finished and it had a ton of rivets or screws and normally on cut vynal jobs i would remove them out of my way and then put them back in afterwards, but this job was a small trailor and we wrapped the whole sides and it was a pain going over! I got it to turn out really nice for a first time install on this kind of application but i wanted to know what some of you guys do for going over them ? :dunno Is there a special technique or tool they use for this?

Some use a rivet brush, good friend of mine uses a handel (like the rivet brush) with a felt pad on it. Heat them up and smash them down. He's been doing them like that for several years now. You could look for a rivet roller, I had seen a guy use one not that long ago and asked where he got it. Of course he said I shouldnt worry about it like it was some big secret. Good luck! :lol2

Yea just like the one tint god put the link up for. :dunno

Guest scottydosnntkno

rollepro hands down. Its like the rivets aren't there.

TA- Yeah, you basically squeegee up to the rivets leaving a "channel" along the rivets. Then you heat up the tunnel with your torch, and roll the rollepro over the rivets, laying them down perfectly. They claim you can go from the top of the truck to the bottom, but I like to start in the middle and go up and then down, just easier and seems like less chance of messing up.

its the simplest but most rediculous tool for doing signs. Once you use it you'll wonder how you ever didn't

TA- Yeah, you basically squeegee up to the rivets leaving a "channel" along the rivets. Then you heat up the tunnel with your torch, and roll the rollepro over the rivets, laying them down perfectly. They claim you can go from the top of the truck to the bottom, but I like to start in the middle and go up and then down, just easier and seems like less chance of messing up.

its the simplest but most rediculous tool for doing signs. Once you use it you'll wonder how you ever didn't

never thought i would say this ...but thanks Scotty for the video and the tip! I ordered the Rollepro and will try it out on my neighbors trailor to see how it works!!! So thanks!!! :bingo

never thought I would say this ...but thanks Scotty for the video and the tip! I ordered the Rollepro and will try it out on my neighbors trailor to see how it works!!! So thanks!!! :lol

your welcome. :money:lol

omg sorry guest!!!!! Thanks for the link! Scotty gave me the link to the video!! :beer My bad bro!! :beer

Archived