AT&T got to be the worst company to deal with

Every time i use them there is problem with them with billing and contracts . I dumped there home phone service , cell phone service, business phone service and i stopped there yellowpage ads this year. So i noticed i am still getting a bill a month after and i called them then they said my contract was renewed automatically . I was told to fax in a letter of cancellation which i did to stop the contact . Now they are telling me the only way is to write a certified letter with detailed info on the letter. Also if the any info is incorrect on the letter it is void. SO they are forcing me to use there product for another year.

NEW BUSINESS OWNERS STAY AWAY FROM AT&T OR YOU WILL GET SCREWED BY THERE 5 PAGE CONTRACT !!!!!!

Its amazing how people run there business . They dont care about there reputation. Once you lose that you can never get it back . They just got a write up on there cell phone business has the worst service in the US . What ever i am so pissed . :poke

People in your situation or similar situations concerning auto-renewing contracts should just tell them where to go quick, fast and in a hurry. The only reason big corporations do B.S. things like this is because they get away with it and we let them. I am so tired of all these big companies be it cell phone, home phone, business phone, internet, satellite, cable or even our banks nickle and dimeing everyone to death. Unfortunatly if you stand up to one of these companies and tell them if you don't get a resonable solution that you will switch to someone who will, they don't really care because they are so big that they don't care if they loose a customer here and there. Most likely whoever you may be speaking to is nothing more than a low level peon who doesn't understand the principals of running a good business and they just don't care. Business in America is changing and not for the better, it is really a shame.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IMO verizon is worse, right now i just switched to FIOS and my bills are coming in double what they should be. i have called several times and could never get it resolved. ive even been transferred more than 3 times. once after like an hour i was even transferred to a f***ing muffler shop WTF?

Guest Darknesswithin

if you don't like AT&T you wouldn't like Sprint :lol2

although they seem to be getting better (only over the phone though, local Sprint store's are a waste of time and cause way to much stress)

anyone have any experience getting out of the yellow pages autorenewal contract . I have been fighting with them and i had a guy said he was going to help me out . Now he wont return my calls . I did a search on yellow pages complaints, these guys are stiffing alot of business owners . Its amazing why they would damage there name so bad by tricking people to do business with them .

Oh this is going to be so satisfying to call AT&T to cancel my home phone service. I got the cable phone installed on Monday and it is working out good so far. The nice thing is, I saved $20 to add the home phone to my bundle and I will save $70 on paying AT&T. Competition is great. The sad part is the frequency I get sales calls from AT&T. I have been happy with my verizon wireless other than it being expensive, but they all are.

Horrible to deal with. There DSL tech support are morons. my internet goes out constantly. If I had another choice i would be gone.

sounds like you need a new router, that was a common thing with the speed stream. If that is what you have? Their new wireless router is very good.

I am biased on my openion because my wife is a manager at AT&T but I have had Sprint, Verizon, and Nextel before the merger. You can Google all of these companies and see a long list of complaints for just about everything. Now you signed a contract like anything else it is binding and a way out of it in some sort of way. Read the contract and see what it says to do and do just that! I can tell you errors are caused 100% by humans. Weither someone doesn't read important information or pushes a wrong key. It happens in every business!!! Just my two cents but I have AT&T and everything I have works perfect with no issues. I can't tell you how many people don't read or follow directions. Have you ever read your manuel for your cell phone cover to cover? I would say maybe one out of 100 people may read them, and the other people just blame it not working correctly on someone else. Its easy to point fingers.

well when the erroros are more common with a certain company and the people do not seem helpful at all in the customer service dept, then you get pissed and don't want to do business with them. I have had a lot of good experiences with VZW customer service and so far with Comcast

Archived