Whats with this film? 1st I've seen it!!!!

Anyone heard or have experience with this film.

http://www.aerotectfilms.com/FrostBite-Matte-PPF.html It's called frostbite film. I found it on aerotectfilms.com.

The only film I heard about that gave you the matte appearance was the XPEL stealth film.

Whats with this FrostBite film? It says it's Venture film on the site? Anyone install it yet? Whats the warranty? Does it hold up? How installer friendly is it? Can anyone comment please?

Thanks,

~A

I contacted them yesterday. The person that I spoke to told me that it is Venture but has a 3M adhesive (As we all know, 3M bought Venture). He said that it isn't as stiff to work with or hard to work with as 3M. The warranty for this film is; NO WARRANTY AT ALL"....at least that's what I was told....I dunno, unless I misunderstood (feel free to correct me on that if I am wrong). But he told me that it is not warranted because there is no top coat to the film.

He is sending me a sample but if this film offers no warranty as I was told, then to be honest, I'm not really that interested.

Think I'll stick with the XPEL stealth...they offer a warranty with this product, and the sample that Jeff sent me was easy to work with and my customer liked how it retained the look of his sprayed matte painted areas on his vehicle.

If anyone else has any other information to add or has heard other wise about the warranty with this product, feel free to comment....this is the information that I received verbally over the phone when I spoke to the rep whom was with aerotect films.

~A

http://solutions.3m.com/3MContentRetrieval...ibute=ImageFile

it is a venture film, not sure about the warranty, not much info at all about a warranty on the 3M site - for any venture film

After looking at that info you posted with that link and comparing it with XPEL's data sheet on there stealth film, I'm noticing that there isn't any topcoat applied to the matte film for both XPEL and this venture film.

But....XPEL does have in there tech data sheet about there stealth film "7 Year warranty".... (Jeff with xpel, correct me if I'm wrong with anything here).

Anyway...it's a no brainier folks...I'm not putting anything on any car(s) unless it has a warranty. If the supplier / manufacture of the film cant back there product, then how do you expect me as an installer to back it.

Hi Adam, That was me that you spoke with. I think I have finally cleared up the warranty issue with 3M.

From 3M:

3 years will be the warranty for Venture Matte. It was officially launched without a warranty, this Summer. Since Automotive Division has not printed the warranty cards for the product we have to continue operating as if there isn't a warranty. There has been a new hire for Automotive Division marketing and the Matte warranty will be high on the to do list.

Warranty aside, we took the initial test batch of this film from Venture back in October 2009 and have been extremely impressed with the quality of the film. After over one year in action, the film still looks great.

Beyond looks, Venture Matte (dubbed Frostbite by us here at AeroTect), is extremely easy to work with; offering great stretchability and with the latest Adhesive change from 3M tacks down quite nicely.

While great for providing a matte finish without the commitment on gloss paint surfaces, it also provides a means of protecting matte finish paint jobs that can gloss out over time.

With us there is no need to order full rolls. You can order as little as on foot at a time so that you can use the film on a job by job basis, or just order a piece large enough to sample/play with.

Hope this info helps.

Be sure to check out our January newsletter containing information on our new Scotchprint wrap films as well. You can find it on our website here

-Jason

Archived