Camera on the job

Guest Sprinter

Guest Sprinter

I tinted a couple of vehicles for this guy who writes programs and then makes the working model to put it into production for companys that contact him, and he was working on a program that will take a picture of the vehicles that are loaded on to the transport trailers from all 4 sides then transmit them to a computer for downloading by general motors and then store them for as long as they need them. GM is paying out the wazoo some 30 million a year on them fixing these vehical after they arrive from the plant to the dealership. some where in between they recive all this damage, like hoods missing dents and you know the rest, this way they will be able to settle up with the insurance company that insures the trucks or eat it themselves.

this leads me to think about things like us having a small video camera going while we tint a car and then can prove it to the cutomer that we did'nt hit there car or rub up against it and put scratches all over it. I was tinting a car in a office complex today and the car next to the one I was tinting the lady comes out turns the corner and immediatly looks down and puts her finger on this scuff mark and acusses me of doing it, I say sorry was'nt me I was tinting next to my van, turned the car around and finished the other side again next to my van. this scuff was so high on the rear 1/4 that there was no way this suburu outback could even touch that place on her car, thats where this camera would come in to play, I could just play it for her and then prove my innocense!

something to think about is'nt it!

No! How many times do you guys have problems like that? I've only had 1 time of having to replace something I didn't do, in 10 years, that isn't enough to warrant a camera.

Archived