Couple questons

Couple of questions for you pro out there.

I use a Ace Hardware 1 gal spray bottle with a 25' hose and was wondering how much J&J shampoo you use? Currently i use about 30 drops and seems to be a little much but when i use less it seems like i do not have enough slip.

Also i hear people using "Slip Tack" and i was wondering is this something that you are making or is it something that you purchase and add to your solution.

Will the Slip Tack help little fingers set up faster?

Thanks in advance!

Did the search feature, Did not find the exact info on what i was looking for. Just thought i would ask and was just going to use others input for a reference point not a exact rule/law.

sorry but there really is no simple answer to your ? depends on room temp, glass temp, and what film you are working with at the time. This will just take you alittle while to figure out. best advice i can give is start with less and add more if you need it, you can't take shampoo out of your tank you just have to pour it out and try again. If you start with less you can always add alittle more. :pooping

Guest Retnitorp

I use a Ace Hardware 1 gal spray bottle with a 25' hose and was wondering how much J&J shampoo you use? Currently i use about 30 drops and seems to be a little much but when i use less it seems like i do not have enough slip.

Also i hear people using "Slip Tack" and i was wondering is this something that you are making or is it something that you purchase and add to your solution.

Thanks in advance!

What kind of water are you useing..?

Guest kccartint

Thanks in advance!

What kind of water are you useing..?

Probably the clear stuff you can drink. :loll l Had too! :lol2

Anyways... Since just about every film handles slip different from one another and every car is different makes it difficult to help. This is something you will have to get a handle on your own. Even if someone has the perfect solution the next car may cause you problems.

Its easier to get out of a jam having too much vs having to little.

I think retnitorp was trying to get at using a stable water source such as bottled distilled water. It has a better purity than even the bottled drinking water and therefore is consistent. It also seems to work beter with slip tack and is going to have less contamination than you sink.

yes I know, for you Slick :lol2 :lol2

Archived