What would you do?

Guest kimo64

send him packing u were losing money alredy hit da road

So a couple weeks ago i tinted an 08 caddy sts which i thought turned out fine, custy comes to get the car and is really eyeballing like those dreaded customers do and didn't like the quarter windows cause they had a little light showing on the end at the bottom..The bottom had pretty tight seals and i thought it looked fine but i told him i would redo it to make him happy so he leaves it with me to redo...Well second time around my F'n dull ass olfa put about a 1/2 inch etch in the window so instead of trying to get away with it i just told him i would replace the window not knowing the little bastard cost $1135 to replace :blink: :mad Anyhow i send him to a glass guy to try and buff it out and the guy said it didn't help, i myself talked to the glass guy today and he said it turned out awesome said you wouldn't know it was there if you didn't know it was there.. I really wanted to avoid putting this on my insurance but the guy won't be happy until he has a new window, i offered to give him his money back for the job and pay the $150 for buffing it out but it's just a no win situation...So would you guys go ahead and replace the glass or send him packing :dunno

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CZtint

next time charge him tripple, not double. if he asks why, say that you must pay higher insurance program as some --- wanted brand new window for nothing :blink:

Yeah that was a learning experience :beer ending turned out fairly decent i guess..ended up putting in a used glass and giving him a REALLY good deal on a tractor..nowadays id keep my mouth shut if possible but this dude has the eye for imperfections :beer. hes one of my neighbors down the road so we're cool..id still tint for him, now that i know how picky he is ill charge accordinally and exceed his expectations..:thumb

Now that the car is fixed, no more work for him !

Why do work for a person who is going to cost you more than what you take in ?

You got to keep the old 1/4 window ?

Might be able to get a decent price from it if it is still good appearance................

Have any of you guys had problems with the kds blades that zola is pushing. Problems with etching?

guest etched his own glass, I can't get a clean snap myself..tried one again just a little while ago and snapped 4 times and not a clean snap on any of them so I say NO THANK YOU.. The trick with a new box of olfa's is you need to add some light machine oil inside the box as soon as you open it, makes all the difference in the world.

Archived