Dotrix - Just Black Vinyl??

This product seems to me to be just an attempt to "create" a market, because black vinyl is something anyone can get from a sign supply company. :lol6

Whatcha' think? Is it REALLY made for dot matrix, or signs?

(PJF I know you'll weigh in on this one) :lol6

This product seems to me to be just an attempt to "create" a market, because black vinyl is something anyone can get from a sign supply company. :barf

(PJF I know you'll weigh in on this one) :gasp

Are you trying to say that you do not want me to weigh in? :cry:mad

Anyway, regarding your question, the Dotrix is not unlike normal black vinyl. The adhesive is more aggressive allowing it to stick better to the dots and also fill in the valleys between the dots which is typically the cause of the "silvering" look. I know many that use sign grade black vinyl with success, so whatever works for you is fine. The Dotrix is just more convenient for many than searching for a vinyl that will work. It comes in a smaller roll and is readily available at most film suppliers and tool suppliers.

Note, if you are going to use vinyl from a sign shop, make sure that they are selling you good quality vinyl. Just like film, there are huge differences in quality and warranty when dealing with vinyl. You don't want to have your perfect film job be ruined in 6 months by cheap vinyl that has went bad. :facepalm

Hope that helps.

This product seems to me to be just an attempt to "create" a market, because black vinyl is something anyone can get from a sign supply company. :dunno

(PJF I know you'll weigh in on this one) :dunno

Are you trying to say that you do not want me to weigh in? :dunno:thumb

Nope. Just knew you would know, and so was confident you would weigh in. That's all.

Thanks for the info :thumb (PATIENTLY Waitin' for my tool catalog :poke)

This product seems to me to be just an attempt to "create" a market, because black vinyl is something anyone can get from a sign supply company. :dunno

(PJF I know you'll weigh in on this one) :dunno

Are you trying to say that you do not want me to weigh in? :dunno:thumb

Nope. Just knew you would know, and so was confident you would weigh in. That's all.

Thanks for the info :thumb (PATIENTLY Waitin' for my tool catalog :poke)

If you get Window Film, You should be getting it any day now. If you don't, shoot me an email and I will make sure you get a copy. :poke

Archived