which do you prefer?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest tintchick

Hey tintshop! I can't believe you said Chevys suck?? I think you're confused,,, :ford:lol,,,we've had a z-71, suburban, tahoe and s-10 and they've all been the greatest of trucks,,,I disagree with ya :dunno

Guest TINTFXold

My Tacoma is a 96'. 4x4 xt cab. LOVE IT.... if you get a 'Yota, learn how to work on them as much as you can, if they ever need service, it'll cost ya if you dont know how to do it yourself.

The 96' Tacoma has a recall from the factory on the heads, by the way. Had my engine pretty much rebuilt for free at 60,000 miles by the local 'Yota dealership. I didnt experience any problems because of the issue, but damn it was nice to get that done for nothing. :dunno

Had my '96 Ranger since it had 17 miles on it. Now its 165,000 miles. Have not spent a dime on it other than regular maintenance.

Still fires up like it did the first day I bought it.

hey magic I owned a 97 blazer it was just too small. rode o.k. never had any real problems with it I traded it in at 36k on it but the dealer had to replace I know 3 batteries kept going dead on me and my belt came apart on me at about 25k. seem to roll alot in the corners but I drive like a bat out of hell anyway. I am a chevy man too nuff said from me good luck :spit

Hey TD, I just got a 2000 Xterra for my shop vehicle & it's really a cool ride. Mine only has 36,000 miles on it & is in great shape. They have more room in them than they look also. Get a 4x4 if you get one, not that much extra on a used one... :spit

Guest tintslut

just saw dis thread,,, Like FX,, I got a 96 toyota, a 4runner..

185k on it,,,, just starting to drip some fluid out of the steering rack..

Toyota did the head gasket recall a few years ago.... did a timing belt

and water pump replacement 2 years ago.. Other than 1 set of tires,

2 front rotors and pads,,, this has been like the 4 other toyota truks

IVE owned, Virtually maintenance free. IT still has the original spark plugs in it!!! IF toyota or any other japanese company made a work van,

I would be first in line to get one.

The astro vans we use at work,

always seem to develop transmission and brake problems..

UNLESS the 4L60 trans is going into a vette, these trannies need some work. A servo from a vette will go into the 700r4 , 4l60 and 4l60e.

Increased line pressure and firmer shifts will result.. :thumb

Archived